Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first... a fender bender. i hate body work
second.... fuel pump. ended up with an autozone pump. it was sunday.
third.... coolant puring out of truck. i assume water pump hoses looked good.
local napa sells trw pumps. anyone have experience with them?
all this in 9 days. EERRRRRR

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do not get a napa water pump. The water neck is one piece not two piece like the motorcraft. I had a friend who installed a napa pump and the tolerances on the lower water neck were so close to the timing cover it actually cracked the timing cover. Now that might have been a casting flaw, but the motorcraft's are two piece and there is plenty of room between the timing cover and the waterneck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nuts. guess its oriellys. got a feeling im gonna be changing some things out come spring.

·
Wannabe
277 Posts
My napa pump is a two piece lower intake and has been just fine and Lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thats weird, must of been a different pump because the one I installed was one piece. Sorry man, didnt mean to give ya misinformation, that was just my experience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oriellys was 2 piece. matched the oe pump to a T. hope it lasts .........

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i forgot to mention fan wouldnt come off using the " correct" tools. air chisel knocked it off in seconds.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't feel bad... last time I went to change my thermostat, I ended up replacing the water pump as well. All the bolts for the thermostat housing were rounded off & I ended up f*@king up the water pump housing trying to drill them out. 1 hour, $30 job turned into several afternoons & $300+.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts