Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you already know Aaron toasted the drag truck after he ran the 10.4. We had to get a new short block and it arrived Thursday around lunch. The next event was Saturday. Here we are Friday night ready to race.

Cylinder 5

Cylinder 6

Fresh block

Ready to drop the cab. I worked until 1am. just to get this far.
The cab came down Friday morning, had a little tweaking to do, and now ready to run. We'll have to take it easy till we break it in. I think I'll get some sleep now and see some of you tomorrow.

·
Registered
433 Posts
WOW...that has to be a record of some sort? 1day? 1 guy? cab off,whole engine rebuild,cab on and started? incredible !!!

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Man aaron is hard on chit... LOL good work john, i think you have to be the record holder for 6.4s...

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Wow nice. I was hoping to see it run tonite. Were you guys there?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't make it to the track Fri. night. But will be there ready to put some miles on the truck this morning.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
What actually broke on it to require a long block?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Were they running Floor Its new pump or what? I know Aaron had a pump with John getting modified, but hadn't heard if he got it yet.

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
Just for ####s and giggles....

How you liftin a cab with a cage? Bolted at the floor of the cab and bed?

Just wondrin. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We had the cage built so that I could unbolt it at the floor of cab and the floor of bed. There are extensions continuing to the frame. It looks pretty funny when you raise the cab and the cage hangs over the bed.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
That is awesome time for a complete build. Think that would put you almost with the NHRA crew guys. LOL LOL (I know they break down and rebuild in 30 minutes) Hope ya'll get it tuned and running like it was again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts