Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
dont own one but shot a couple, i wasnt a huge fan of it, but they would make an awesome gun to take with you when out ridin quads or camping. just wouldnt buy one personally

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you qualified with a judge? why would you do that
Did not qualify with the Judge.

We have to shoot 50 rounds threw a revolver and 50 threw a semi before we actually have to qualify.

Qualifying consist of 20 rounds with the gun of your choice and I qualified with my XD40.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would like to get one for carrying on my ATV. Copperheads wouldn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i used to own one. one of the most inaccurate handguns ive ever shot in my life. the only thing i liked about it was bird shot. buck shot was a waste of time. i dont mean to talk down you gun or anything, that is just my opinion of that firearm

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i used to own one. one of the most inaccurate handguns ive ever shot in my life. the only thing i liked about it was bird shot. buck shot was a waste of time. i dont mean to talk down you gun or anything, that is just my opinion of that firearm
Shot a pretty good group for me with the 45LC...

I

·
0 Posts
Never shot that model but have fired a few From Taurus and I don't think much of them..

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
I had a Raging Bull in .454 Casull and after about 30 rounds the cylinder cracked. Put a new cylinder on it and threw it in the gun safe. I will never shoot a Taurus again.

·
ERJ Aircraft Mechanic
853 Posts
We have to shoot 50 rounds threw a revolver and 50 threw a semi before we actually have to qualify.
Rules must really vary from place to place. I used a Taurus PT-101 .40 cal for the entire course. The grouping requirements were the same no matter what you were shooting. My groups with the .40 were a lot tighter than a lot of folks shooting .22's. And some of them had to go 3 or 4 tries before they got the needed grouping to graduate.

It brought to mind the saying "not being able to hit the broad side of a barn"-----

from the inside!!!:doh:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anything will shoot a decent group in a cc class lol, for gods sake your shooting at 30' and less.
I have to totally disagree Luke. A handgun is not like shooting a rifle and not everyone can shoot one accurately. My 89 year old grandma can hold a pretty tight group at a good distance with a rifle. Hell it was maybe 20 years ago I watched her shooting walnuts out of the tree in the back yard at 20-25 yards with a 22.

But 20' and 30' feet are a pretty good distance for most people with a handgun. And then when you throw a 2" or 3" barrel into the equation accuracy gets even worse. We are talking self defense guns here not a target pistol or hunting pistol.

I have hunted with nothing but handguns for years and years. Heck my number one rabbit and squirrel gun is a Ruger Super Single Six revolver and I have never had a shot outside the head. You come around here and ask anyone that hunts with me and they will tell you I would choose a handgun over a rifle just about any day.

My point to samdust was that I did not find it to be innacurate like he stated his was. Matter of fact I was surprised how accurate it actually was for the size of it. But for me it was just a good cheap trade and it is my new night stand gun.;)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had a Raging Bull in .454 Casull and after about 30 rounds the cylinder cracked. Put a new cylinder on it and threw it in the gun safe. I will never shoot a Taurus again.
Not owned one but have shot my uncles a few times. Far as I know he has never had an issue like that.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rules must really vary from place to place. I used a Taurus PT-101 .40 cal for the entire course. The grouping requirements were the same no matter what you were shooting. My groups with the .40 were a lot tighter than a lot of folks shooting .22's. And some of them had to go 3 or 4 tries before they got the needed grouping to graduate.

It brought to mind the saying "not being able to hit the broad side of a barn"-----

from the inside!!!:doh:

LOL...

I seen some pretty BAD groups that day and some scary gun handling.:eek: The instructors were very cautious and had to give a few verbal warnings but everyone passed.

The best part of the whole deal was the instructors asked me to stay and shoot with them afterwards. They had an arsenal of handguns in their truck and I got to shoot several that I have never shot before.:D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
no i didnt mean to talk trash to you a judge with bird shot is a excellent home defense gun but anything else is just not up to par.

I

·
0 Posts
My home defense is a 100lb German shepherd and if they shoot him there going to feel the wrath of a 12GA with 00 buck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts