Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was aware that my headgaskets were blown but, they finally went to hell. Now the truck pushes water on normal driving and has no heat blowing out of the vents. The ect's will heat up really quick as well and the degas bottle gets low pretty quick. I think the heads are cracked at this point and im lost because I know the bill will be UNGODLY to fix it now. Anyone with any advice please chime in. I really dont want to get rid of my truck but, i cant put 5-6 grand into fixing it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
For a 6.4, you def won't get out of this for less than that. Let alone a. 6.0. Good luck with what you decide

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup, no way around it. It's going to be quite a hefty bill but you'll have a solid truck afterwards.
Just got done doing mine myself, so glad I did it, you will be too. feels like a new truck.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
buy some used heads off ebay or someone you may have waited to long your may be cracked but I would hve them checked.

do add head studs. look at this way I know its a butt load of money you don't want to spend, but you know the truck will be good to go after ward. if you sell it for a big loss with it puking and you will buy another truck it going to cost you anyway

·
Registered
955 Posts
I don't see how you can avoid a pretty big expense. For the heads, if you can't find used ones, try Sunrise. Regardless of where you get the heads (even from Ford), have them decked and magnafluxed. Save until you can do it once and do it right.

Good luck

·
Banned
328 Posts
Well, I was aware that my headgaskets were blown but, they finally went to hell. Now the truck pushes water on normal driving and has no heat blowing out of the vents. The ect's will heat up really quick as well and the degas bottle gets low pretty quick. I think the heads are cracked at this point and im lost because I know the bill will be UNGODLY to fix it now. Anyone with any advice please chime in. I really dont want to get rid of my truck but, i cant put 5-6 grand into fixing it. Thanks in advance
Were are u located

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Please don't trade it off. Man up and fix, Pay to play.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found out it was the water pump. The blade was spinning on the shaft and the pump was warrantied by Ford because I just put in on last year. Im in NC and im going to start saving for a head job. I hope to get it done by the summer/fall. Thanks for all the opinions guys. I was getting sick to my stomach at the thought of getting rid of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts