Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well got a few more goodies in the mail last night mostly some little things, i found new light bulb sockets to replace the ones in the grab bars, some other stuff for a little project im working on

here's a sneak peak

also decided to fab up a couple brackets to mount the CB it became apparent my big guy wasn't going to fit in the opening so ill have to find something else to mount up there, probably find a clean bracket design in the future or just polish these mounts up they didnt turn out to bad for a quick afternoon project

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Also forgot, I got lucky with my reverse lights threw some new bulbs in and they both work, definitely need more then these cant sticks but its a start and i know the circuits good so adding some will be easy down the road here, and i found these two LED Red light bars in my toolbox at work cleaning out decided I was going to throw one on to replace the center light bar, i got that all removed and picked these up to install one and a realized they were 2 stage so decided to install em both on the other edges got em hooked up to the running lights on dim and brake/turn on the bright, thinking ill grab a third one for the middle and hook it up to brake only on bright running lights on dim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well had a nice surprise today, turned around backed into the driveway and heard pop and the steering wheel really yanked in my hand, i figured something in the steering linkage had broke, turns out the pressure line had blown apart at the pump, never had a steering wheel jerk like that from loss of pressure. So jumped on the bike ran to the parts store picked up a line, i had looked it over decided the line would come off easier with the pump out since it had been whining and leaking anyway i figured id just replace it, ofcourse i still have my puller locked in my toolbox at work didnt want to drive over there so just bought a new pulley also get home start tearing into it whne i realize you cant even remove the pump without pulling the pulley so i just replaced the line, we'll return the rest of it and order a motorcraft pump, new line on filled with fluid she steering really nice again

after that decided i would work on the new sockets for the grab bars ofcourse i just get the first one unbolted when suddenly it starts to down pour, this was the only one left not working so i started with it, but the rest all should really have new sockets also, had em all crimped up nice with spade connectors and stuff so they could be easy to remove when find out the connectors wont fit through the hole in the cab so cut em back off and just butt connect them together, everyhting else is a really nice fit though, ordered the sockets off amazon like 5 bucks for a bag not to bad

·
Native Californian
391 Posts
Are the sockets for the exterior lights? I couldn't totally recognize it in the photos.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Are the sockets for the exterior lights? I couldn't totally recognize it in the photos.

sockets are for the illuminated grab handles, i really need to get some rubber and make new gaskets for them also as they're starting to leak and get corrosion causing the bulbs not to light, i did replace the bulbs in most of them just from being burned out but they also had some pretty nasty corrosion so going to replace the sockets as well

I had an extra package of bulbs so i threw some in the door courtesy lights but i see the passenger side has melted out of its holder so probably have to replace that one, id like to find an LED replacement

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Dropped the old girl off for some window tint tonight, and yes i know shes a dirty girl, roads have been crap around here not 12+ inches of snow forcast for end of the week....., yard is a litteral sink hole backed up ripped both my mudflaps off too

Its hard to see but i did a 6" brow at 5% rest of the windshield 50%, everything else is 20%, been my go to combo on previous rigs so i went here too, first time with a brow and im actually kinda liking it, elemnated need for an inside sun visor almost

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well had to quick wire up my 7 way trailer plug tonight, gotta run mean ol cow to the stock yard in the morning get to stretch her legs a little bit but it wont be a full load

·
Native Texan
9,036 Posts
Hey there is something wrong with ur bumper. the corners are suppose to sag down are they not.LOL

·
don't play well w others
3,997 Posts

·
Native Texan
9,036 Posts

·
PSN intsigator
6,608 Posts

·
Native Texan
9,036 Posts
I don't know, Charlie's looks like it has driven lately
hey i drove her this year. she barley made it 50 ft but I drove her and got her in the garage with a little help from my winch.

this was her getting put back together. I shimed the bumper had had her perfect. Then I drove her.

Yeah when I build my new bumper that won't happen I hope.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Scored some RV seats this weekend, set out to get em mounted in, found the carpet is pretty crappy, all the more reason for me to replace it. Got lucky the seats seem to be a pretty universal style fitment all sorts of different holes for mounting however none lined up for these seat bracket I did only have to drill 2 holes, However after getting the seats in the truck I think i need to drill some new holes further forward, the seat just doesn't slide back quite far enough, ditched out the center console for now probably build some custom in the future

pull the slide racks off and took measurements

·
Registered
761 Posts
nope I win.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.
I used to think all Fords came from factory like this...:grin:
I always called it the "Tailgating Frown".

I have walked away from trucks I wanted to buy that had this "look".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Got sick of the limited radio options, and the factory tape didn't work so i couldn't use and adapter, finally swapped in my trusty old Pioneer deck, like to do something a little more extreme in the future but this will work for now, I do have a kenwood deck that somehow got a lifetime xm unlock but i cant find the XM module and i hate the kenwood deck otherwise so we went with this one, i think its been installed in about 5 trucks now lol 6-7 years old, bought in 2011 i think

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Well removed my chrome headache rack, im still torn on this, might still find a way to fish it back on, but scored a black razorback set out to get it mounted, its from a Supercab so no sure if the one for a crewcab would be a little different but this want to bad, worst was having to drill out holes for the grab bars everything else was pretty easy, only thing i couldn't do was mount the wing supports but ill figure something out, here where the Supercab part fits in, i couldn't mount it as far onto the cab so the brackets don't reach, ill just have to make longer ones

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Also pulled my seats out and remeasures and drilled new holes now the arm rests don't hit the door panels and i can slide em back further, sorry no pictures

·
Native Californian
391 Posts
How's your truck coming along? I'm guessing weather has been much better for getting stuff done!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Getting a little work done with quitting my job been alot busier with the farm sadly haven't gotten much in the fields

Spent the first part of last weekend on my mirrors I'll try to get pics up, Photobucket been on the fritz for me

Ran wire through the mirrors and doors, tied into the blinkers and running lights, they are 2 stage LEDs, sadly the OBS doesn't have the oompf to light up the 2 stage for the blinkers so I cut one running light off, so daylight we have all 3 blinkers and at night we have two lit up and the middle blinks

Attachments

61 - 80 of 85 Posts