Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for those who checked out my introduction post know the backround here somewhat those that haven't are welcome to here (ill add link once forum post count allows me to I guess :blah:,)

I have lazily named this truck the Centaurus as its already got a name tag on it and I don't see many around these days, also it just sounds cool.

Truck: 1996 F350 7.3L 5spd manual 2wd CrewCab Longbox Dually with 330k on the ticker, engine claimed to have only 90k miles on it when I purchased it and it does start and run pretty good.

Goal: Fairly powerful yet reliable daily driver/tow pig/farm rig thinking that 4-450hpish range

Mods currently ordered:
-TS6 box tunes
-4" turbo back
-bronco rear tank
-High Pressure oil cross over
-isspro egt, fuel press, trans temp, boost
-ebpv valve controls
-high torque starter
-6637 air filter

Mods currently in design research phases:
-4 corner air suspension
-intercooler
-homemade efuel system

some immediate issues that need addressed:
-rear fuel tank read wayyyyyyy over fuel all the time even empty and i have not tried the tank selector yet but
hopefully the rear tank swap takes care of the gauge issue may have to replace selector valve
-trans is getting pretty loose but drives as is
-not sure if a/c works yet
-if it has a limited slip rear the clutches need rebuilt (Havent even checked if it has it yet) axle code D5 if that
means anything

wish lists:
-alcoa polish
-sand and re-clear if possible or repaint to original colors (some clear coat peel going on)
- interior repair/replace of everything keeping original to centurion as possible
- ofcource injectors turbos ect ect as time goes on
- 4x4 conversion

Current mods ("additions") I have done:
- group 31 thread post battery conversion
- some francis fiberglass whips (trying to eliminate the rigged up am/fm antenna and better CB range not really a
mod i know haha)
- chrome headache rack (again not really a mod but something i added)
- cooper starfire sf510 on the rear (not happy about it but it NEEDED tires to even drive it home and its what i
could find in correct size and have mounted on a sunday morning and surprisingly they hook pretty good in
snow)

I will be adding and modding these lists as time goes on and always looking for suggestions on a better way to do things. I was getting pretty comfortable in my Cummins game so decided to shake it up and learn something new, some stuff crosses over others do not, ill definitely post some pictures of the beast as i got and when i get a chance to take some the salesman pictures were pretty crappy and we haven't had decent enough weather yet to get a good photo op.

·
Native Texan
8,988 Posts
Sounds like going be one heck of a project. Keep us updated and full of pics. I'm starting year 3 of my ongoing project.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a Q&A here, i was prepaing my self to install the TS6 and looking around under the dash, to the right I found black module stamped FORD its about 2" square and has maybe 6-7 pins coming out of it and the connector is unplugged. Any ideas what it is? I ran out of time but ill go grab the part# when i get a chance and try some google searching

·
7,985 Posts
a picture of the offending part is your best friend.
but my guess is going to be key in ignition and door open chime.

·
Native Texan
8,988 Posts
just a Q&A here, i was prepaing my self to install the TS6 and looking around under the dash, to the right I found black module stamped FORD its about 2" square and has maybe 6-7 pins coming out of it and the connector is unplugged. Any ideas what it is? I ran out of time but ill go grab the part# when i get a chance and try some google searching
Might be the chime module. I think mine might be unplugged to.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
Steps to install a ts6:
1) return for refund.
2) buy the hydra or dp tuner.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I grabbed a couple pictures here on break, and thanks for the opinion but didn't want to spend the extra money right now just looking to wake it up a lil and have the high idle function, dont want to poor the coals to it till i get the fuel system and intercooler done up

heres those pictures

IMG_20190214_094859688.jpg

IMG_20190214_094907545.jpg

IMG_20190214_094910541_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are we not allowed to edit posts?

After a quick google search of the part# it did come up has the seat belt/door chime

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
The hydra is $300 and the ts6 is $200. The hydra comes with a whole library full of free tunes. The ts6 is outdated and lots of tuners wont burn them anymore. Plus with the hydra they sell a library of full custom tunes for $150 extra so if you upgrade injectors you can just change a tune.

·
don't play well w others
3,662 Posts
The edit button shows up after 10 posts
Until then, if it's a major issue Tom, @tjctransport, or Shaun @Sbluke55 can fix it for ya

Gotta watch that Tom guy tho, no telling what he might put back in there...….

Not that I would put anything bad about him anywhere on the internet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The edit button shows up after 10 posts
Until then, if it's a major issue Tom, @tjctransport, or Shaun @Sbluke55 can fix it for ya

Gotta watch that Tom guy tho, no telling what he might put back in there...….

Not that I would put anything bad about him anywhere on the internet
haha not a big issue just used to being able to edit my orginal post as things change, and i went back to modify my other post about the module instead of posting a new one and I couldnt at that point i went daheck?

·
don't play well w others
3,662 Posts
Yeah, it changes after your here for a while
Good thing for me, with my spelling.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
don't play well w others
3,662 Posts
If you use tapatalk, ther is no edit button. Just a heads up there.

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
So you know. You can edit on tapatalk. Just tap the post. Hit more button on the iPhone or the screwdriver and crescent wrench on the android. There will edit button in the menu.

·
don't play well w others
3,662 Posts
So you know. You can edit on tapatalk. Just tap the post. Hit more button on the iPhone or the screwdriver and crescent wrench on the android. There will edit button in the menu.
Dam. That is good 2 know
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure why just realized on my home laptop this comment never got posted last night, so insert this at about 730pm 2-13-19 haha

Well big shout out to riffraff diesel for the insanely fast shipping on my TS6 they beat amazon prime. My TS6 arrived and the dummy plugged i planned to use in my pillar pod but since i opted with a good deal i found on a new gauge set on facebook from someone who changed project directions i no longer have an open hole in my gauge pod as i didn't intend on getting a fuel pressure gauge at the time but now with the idea of developing an efuel setup i feel the gauge won't be such a bad idea. I'm not sure the reasoning or why its there but i have a hole in my dash next to the tank selector probably stick the TS6 in there for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya got to be careful with them fellers at RiffRaff.
they are very good at fooling into feeling good about them, while they secretly empty your wallet!
Ive met a few shady people like that :D but when ya want to go fast ya want to go fast >:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the TS6 installed this morning boy them running boards made hard work of removing the inner fender but we got er, She was a virgin PCM, Once you have the glue cleaned off you can essentially pull the tuner through the brake bracket access cant you? I didnt have time to mount the control knob like i had planned so its just tucked under steering wheel for now, i was in to much of a hurry and worried i might end up breaking the dash bezel. We'll get to it this week, also my fuel tank kit, ebpv controls and EV2s showed up last night played around with the programming some on those. Hopefully get to installing most of that this weekend :grin:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts