Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 F250 4x4 ZF-5, my dream truck since I was a kid. The truck was w wedding present from my wife's dad. I have rebuilt everything in the suspension that moves, and replaced all of the bushing with poly, spare no expense. The brakes are all brand new EBC cool guyness and ready to go. The injectors have been rebuilt and flow matched to stock and I put a full MBRP exhaust in her. This truck does it's fair share of pulling out here in the mountains so it's time to start pushing up the power. Looking for opinions or where to go from here, what would be the next step. Should I throw a programmer on her, or would going for a better turbo be a better choice. Should I adapt an inner cooler out of a 2nd Gen or go with aftermarket stuff. Also once I start pushing up the boost, should I add a waistgate? Who makes one or how would I go about building one myself.

Has anybody done a shackle flip setup on one of these front axles? I don't get why ford set up the front end on these trucks with the shackle setup they did, but it makes sense to me to flip them around where they should be. I don't want this thing to get too tall, I still have to be able to load my bikes and such in the back, so any ideas how much lift I will gain? I'm pretty happy with the 265/75/16 tires I have now, I don't beat this truck up off road really. I own a F150 single cab short bed for that lol.

All opinions welcomed, I always wanna here what other people are doing, or would do next, I've come up with some great ideas that way. My old boss and good friend and neighbor has a 96, 12valve he has toyed with and it flat moves, but I know my powerstroker can beat him

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,445 Posts
I cannot recommend doing a lift kit of any kind on the f250s if they have the factory "ttb" front axle. You would definitely want to install a straight axle under it before lifting. They are very prone to camber and alignment issues otherwise.

Intercooler are nice, don't really think you need one that much, but it wouldn't hurt. I would go with a 6.0 intercooler though, not some wimpy dodge one.

I guess I would just start with a chip. A PHP Hydra to be exact, and see how you like it and go from there. That is my .02.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts