Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what everybody thought was the best set of tires to run. i have 37" procomps on mine and judging by the way they look now there not gonna last no longer then 10k miles. on pro comp's website they have a 40k mile tread wear warranty but i wasn't sure if they keep there word on that one. i like the looks of the nitto terra's but i just wondered what everybody thinks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I had the Nitto Mud Grapplers. If money isnt an object and sounding like a airplane when you go down the road is ok with you then that is the tire I would go with. I had about 20k on mine when I sold it and just ran into the guy that owns it now, they have about 35k on em now and still have at least another 5k to go. Very good tires all around though, mud, snow, Ice, road, wet and dry and perty good on rock as well. I was very impressed with em.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I am very pleased with my Toyo Open Country AT's. They are a little harder it seems than the Nitto Terra Grappler. I had those as well and got good mileage out of them. They were practically bald after 34,000 miles though. Good, reliable tread on the Nitto lasted about 30-31,000 miles. I have about 20-22,000 miles on my Toyo's and they have worn well. Seem to have about 50-55% tread left with a couple of burn outs and floating of the tires incidents turning left and right lol. Good tire in my opinion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i've heard alotta good things about those terra grapplers. i think the trail grapplers look pretty good too but i wasn't sure about how they wear. do you think pro comp would really keep there word on that 40k mile tread warranty?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I love my Cooper Discoverer STTs. 37/12.5/17 is their largest though.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would call em just cause. But you werent very bold whether you wanted mudders or ats, I was just assuming mudders cause the 37's, but yes the terra grapplers are sick as are the toyo at's. Its really just personal prefference on the brands

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
I had the Nitto Mud Grapplers. If money isnt an object and sounding like a airplane when you go down the road is ok with you then that is the tire I would go with. I had about 20k on mine when I sold it and just ran into the guy that owns it now, they have about 35k on em now and still have at least another 5k to go. Very good tires all around though, mud, snow, Ice, road, wet and dry and perty good on rock as well. I was very impressed with em.
:whs:

just be sure to air them down to 50 and put up with your tps light. Great tire, but costly. I wish i could run 15's and get a set of 33's for 180 dollars.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I just put the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on my truck, very impressed with them so far. Not enough miles on them to determine tread life, but for as aggressive as they are/look, they aren't loud and track well on the highway.

·
amos moses
150 Posts
I'm running the toyo open country mt's i love them! they're pretty quiet and i have 5k on them and still look brand new.i highly reccomend them but i would call pro comp first.

·
UA local 761
214 Posts
:whs: Im happy so far with my toyo mt's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts