Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Thirsty For More
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy dyno'd his F250 yesterday, 6.0 with egr delete, 4" downpipe into 5" exhaust, sct with custom performance tune, blue spring, other little odds and ends. I was at work so he brings me the print out they gave him later in the day and peak hp was 303, and peak torque was 4,113!!! What the hell?!? This has gota be wrong

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I would say something is not right on the HP number, but the torque number looks fitting for the phrase "it pulls like a train". LOL

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Is that a rhetorical question, or are you seriously asking if you think that's right? I think a stock 6.0 puts down around 250-270 rwhp... so the HP doesn't even really sound right...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Depending on the tunes, he should be well north of 350, max about 430.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
sounds like he had too many torque stickers and too few horse power stickers.... we will need photos to determine which is which.

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
sounds like he had too many torque stickers and too few horse power stickers.... we will need photos to determine which is which.
LOL LOL

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
:gun:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
did the place where you did the pulls at least give the money you paid back for it? since their sh&t is SCREWED UP!? if my modified 7.3 puts down 300....your 6.0 should be WAY HIGHER!

Chad

·
Registered
269 Posts
did they dyno it in second gear? those are a little off...lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
That happens if the dyno isn't reading the engine RPM's correctly. In Syracuse at the king of trucks this past year the same thing kept happening. I'd be asking for a refund or a free dyno session.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
That happens if the dyno isn't reading the engine RPM's correctly. In Syracuse at the king of trucks this past year the same thing kept happening. I'd be asking for a refund or a free dyno session.
Are you from the area?

I was just thinking about this yesterday too, the HP is only a function of tq, all based off of RPM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you from the area?

I was just thinking about this yesterday too, the HP is only a function of tq, all based off of RPM.
Yeah, I'm from WNY, just south of Rochester. Living out in Utah for now though. Hope to get back there soon. Where you from?

·
Thirsty For More
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya those were the real numbers on the printout, i knew it didnt make any sense, i have never ran on a dyno before and neither has he so we didnt know what was wrong for sure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts