Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats not scts fault totally, Its a combination between lack of driver ability AND too much power! lol ! I hope all works out , its time for the 05 conversion on the insurance company!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you can see parts needed, Bumper, headlight, parklight, header panel, fender, hood.
I want to say this, dont have more then one floor mat, The pedal got stuck when I was trying out a new straight stretch.
The brakes suck with when the engine is full throttle, didnt have time to kill the engine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats not scts fault totally, Its a combination between lack of driver ability AND too much power! lol ! I hope all works out , its time for the 05 conversion on the insurance company!
Yea with out SCT this wouldnt be as bad, LOL:D

·
Strokin!
285 Posts
could have been alot worse glad to know your ok tho

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
Dude , that sux ....I thought I had it bad when I tickled the skinny pedal and unbeknownst to me , my tool bag launched from the rear bed . ...(no gate) ........Became unclasped like an 18 yr. old wonderbra.LOL

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been searching for awhile, looking for the 05 Harley headlights and header panel, Pure diesel use to have them for about $1,000, as a conversion kit, But I cant find anything now.
Anyone know of a good place to get these, and also a good ram air hood?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a scary incident like that once. I have the rubber floormats and after I got my truck washed, they had taken it off the little hook on the floor and it slid forward enough to wedge the pedal when I got on it once...

I now check the position of my mats every time I get in the truck!

·
Village Idiot
1,054 Posts
This has to be the most insane post I've seen yet. The tuner has absolutely nothing to do with your inablility to think fast enough to turn the key! Even a chicken has brain that big.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This has to be the most insane post I've seen yet. The tuner has absolutely nothing to do with your inablility to think fast enough to turn the key! Even a chicken has brain that big.
Hell even if I would have had time to turn the key, I would have hit the tree anyway, No power steering, and the horseshoe curve in the road.
So dam of I do or dam if I dont.
I wasnt really blaming SCT if that is what you are thinking, Some people just dont get it. Like it says village idiot, I was just adding some humor to make it interesting. Maby I dont have a chicken brain, some people just think they are so smart. Just kill the engine. I just always hate when stupid calls stupid, stupid.

·
Village Idiot
1,054 Posts
So you need power steering when the truck is moving? You are correct mr. rocket scientist! I bow to you excellent knowledge and driving abilities! You may wan't to stick with stock tuning and keep her under 40 mph from now on.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why are most of your post smartass posts?
A guy cant even have a little fun. with out a smartass.:flipa:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I make a living driving since 1980 and this is the only accident I have had. Right now I have been driving one of the worlds largest lowboys, rated at 375 tons, its 28' wide and 157' long, hauling O&K 200 Shovels and excavators across the job we work on.
I didnt want this accident but it was a bad situation, to be in.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hell maby even if Dale Earnhart had of just turned his key off maby he would be here today.:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Why did you have more than one floor mats, lol? After this I think I might only use one, the one that hooks to the floor.

Powerstrokeshop.com has the 2006 Harley headlights for $377. When you go to their website click on powerstrokeshop specials. They also have the 05-07 header mount panel for $176 and the chrome grille for $220. Powerstrokeshop use to have the conversion setup also all in one package but it's no longer on their website. Might give them a call and see if they still sell them :shrug:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why did you have more than one floor mats, lol? After this I think I might only use one, the one that hooks to the floor.

Powerstrokeshop.com has the 2006 Harley headlights for $377. When you go to their website click on powerstrokeshop specials. They also have the 05-07 header mount panel for $176 and the chrome grille for $220. Powerstrokeshop use to have the conversion setup also all in one package but it's no longer on their website. Might give them a call and see if they still sell them :shrug:
Yea I had a rug laying over the hump, and it went under the floor mats on both sides, only to protect the carpet from work mud so I dont have to clean it so much to go out on the town.
I also have the molded husky liners.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I make a living driving since 1980 and this is the only accident I have had. Right now I have been driving one of the worlds largest lowboys, rated at 375 tons, its 28' wide and 157' long, hauling O&K 200 Shovels and excavators across the job we work on.
I didnt want this accident but it was a bad situation, to be in.
Im thinking you should just stick to driving the long heavy haulers that go slow, because it doesnt sound like you know what to do in a panic situation for sure.And your right that was a way to be humerous, you shouldve added that you were looking out your rear view for all the black smoke, and when you looked up and " BAM " a tree. Now thats adding some funny to the story!Well atleast your alright and trucks are fixable, like i always say stupidity should hurt but not too much.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im thinking you should just stick to driving the long heavy haulers that go slow, because it doesnt sound like you know what to do in a panic situation for sure.And your right that was a way to be humerous, you shouldve added that you were looking out your rear view for all the black smoke, and when you looked up and " BAM " a tree. Now thats adding some funny to the story!Well atleast your alright and trucks are fixable, like i always say stupidity should hurt but not too much.
I was lookin at the rear view at the toyota that was way behind.LOL
As for the heavy haulers, they are slow but you still get alot of action when its slick and you are on a 10 to 15% grade.
I also drove Tractor trailers for 17 years and raced motocross.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts