Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm experiencing some problems with injectors or harness. It's a new truck to me, 1995 powerstorke 7.5. It ran fine during the test drive, but quickly lost power, seems to only be running on half the cylinders, which would correspond with p0261. But I'm also experiencing p1272 and p1274.

I've seen some post tlaking about testing continuity in the harness and resistance, but not sure which pins, or what the results should be.

Can someone please point me towards tests for the harness?

I need to check the UVHC harness on the passangee side, the external connections look good.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Burnt pins on the valve cover gaskets are more common than they should be, you can tell when you unplug the connector. There are 2 per valve cover.

If you want you can run these test from the IDM connector with the harness plugged in and then with it unplugged to determine if it is in the valve cover gasket and harness or between the IDM and the valve covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Burnt pins on the valve cover gaskets are more common than they should be, you can tell when you unplug the connector. There are 2 per valve cover.

If you want you can run these test from the IDM connector with the harness plugged in and then with it unplugged to determine if it is in the valve cover gasket and harness or between the IDM and the valve covers.
Thanks for sharing the info, It was a burnt connector under the valve cover. Running well now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts