Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the junk yard the other day and came across a '97 PSD no motor, but it still has the IDM and the PCM. Is there a way for me to check them with my volt meter to make sure they are good before I buy them? And if they are good will the PCM work in my truck if it has a different code? Thanks in addvance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They should guarantee them to work if not..find a new wrecking yard...
Well I didn't think to ask them that, I only had ten min. to wander the yard before closing, but they only want $25.00 bucks each so I think I will get them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would chance it for 25 bucks. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass but these wrecking yard cant expect us to pay good money for...well it might be good parts. The PCM should interchange as long as it is a OBS PCM and man vs auto..depending on what you have. The IDM's are interchangable between all of them.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Well I didn't think to ask them that, I only had ten min. to wander the yard before closing, but they only want $25.00 bucks each so I think I will get them.
I'll give you $50 each plus shipping if you pick them up. :D

Dave

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I wasn't able to get the parts yesterday, but I did go today and somebody had taken the IDM, but I did get the PCM. So for right now I will keep it as a back up. Thanks guys for the feed back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts