Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone knows why my 2012 f250 starts to shake when I'm in 5th or 6 gear, rpm 1100, and am driving about 45- 50 mph. The dealership said it was a DEF TANK malfunction and replaced mine under warranty but did the same thing just 2 days after getting it back from ford. I feel the shake then the exhaust or something in tranny rattles and makes noise. I've pulled over, thrown it into park, shut the engine off, restarted it, and it seems to clear up for a couple of days..... Anyone with experience troubleshooting this problem b4. Any help would b greatly appreciated

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. It seems worse if I have a trailer hooked up. I was recently told that it's caused from some sort of a module that is attached to the trans. I plan to drop it off later this week and have the dealer look at it. Also it's a 2012 but only has 14k miles and I just recently noticed it, but seems to be geeting worse. I was also told that if the truck seems like it holds 1st out too long when it's cold, this is another sing this module may be bad. It's my understanding ford issued a service bulletin for this but not a recall. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
is anyone having any of these concerns resolved? I have verified with a customer that they will be on decel and be about 40-50 mph and vehicle will stay in 5th gear and idle down to around 1300 rpms and vehicle will start acting like it is lugging out. clattering and clanking from the engine area occurs and vehicle starts to hesitate shudder and lung a bit. does this concern sound about the same as what your vehicles were experiencing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts