Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a rebuilt transmission and as soon as i put it into gear the OD flashes. I pulled a high temp code with the scanguage. I know its not hot because the truck has only been running for a minute. When I go to trans temp on the scanguage its bouncing everywhere from 68 to 300 degrees and everywhere inbetween. Is there something i can replace to fix this? Does it put the trans into limp mode or something? Any help is appreciated.....Chad

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
I believe the factory trans temp sender is in the internal wireing harness. With it bouncing like that I might be thinking a bad connections. Unfortunately I am not at home with my wiring book so I cannot get you pointed on which wire to look at. I might just start with any connections that were messed with in the R and R of the trans.

·
Registered
545 Posts
sounds like airlock, the air is passing by the sensor giving a false high reading

you sure you have the correct fluid level? let it idle in each gear position and then check the level while running in park.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,188 Posts
sounds like airlock, the air is passing by the sensor giving a false high reading
No, that's not possible.

There is an electrical issue with the sensor or the wiring to the sensor.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will the high temp reading put the trans into limp mode? I have a new temp sender for my analog guage on the way from Summit so I will be able monitor temps that way.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Not positive but I think that can put the trans into limp mode. It is something that you have to fix as I also think there is warm and cold shift strategy. I would see if I could find some diagrams so I could start ohming out some wires or just get a new internal harness and try that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts