Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what temp do you stop plugging your truck in?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
I don't ever plug either of mine in .

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Mine never gets plugged in. I have been meaning to buy the cord for it someday...

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
:whs: It'd be nice to get a cord for future possibilties.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine never gets plugged in. I have been meaning to buy the cord for it someday...
They all come with the block heater...all you need is an extension cord to make it to an outlet...

I stop plugging mine in around 20-25°.

Tim

·
Registered
444 Posts
my old girl really likes to be plugged in when the temps get below -15c or 5f i will start it with a few cycles of the glow plugs at -25c or -13f but any colder than that it really needs to be plugged in or it might not start.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i only plug it it when it gets below 20 or 25

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
my old girl really likes to be plugged in when the temps get below -15c or 5f i will start it with a few cycles of the glow plugs at -25c or -13f but any colder than that it really needs to be plugged in or it might not start.
Damn , good reason to move south!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your replies:D

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I plugged mine in last time it snowed just to see if it was any better. It did start a lot better but in 2yrs I've only done it once.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
This winter hasn't been cold but last winter we went at least 2 months never getting out of the single digits, I know its not really all that cold but fairly cold for us.

My truck with 80k and always having a hard time cold starting would still fire up and run after sitting for the night. Wasn't happy when it fird but didn't have the option to plug it in anyways (part of the reason I have yet to purchase the cord off ebay)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts