Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 96 has never ran very warm since i bought i last year. ive replaced the thermostat once(stock) but it still runs cold. temp gauge rarely reaches the "N" on normal. im assuming this is somewhat low, any thoughts?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Find a buddy with a IR thermometer or since they are cheap toss a sender in there.

Tom

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
They normally run right around the "N" or "O" in normal on our trucks. We have a cooling system and engine designed for medium duty trucks.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Thats how mine was until i put a new stat and sender in. Now it goes into the NORMAL range. Also, do you get hot air when you turn the heat on? Like hot hot?

·
Banned
924 Posts
the themostat still may be stuck, they sometimes come through "new" that way

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
tested it in boilin water. Wasn't stuck.

·
Banned
924 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Gotcha.:doh:
no problem lol...it's overlooked sometimes as they get dropped as they are being stocked not saying it happens all the time but still

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
That is how mine was until I put in a 203* stat. Now at operating temp the needle is straight up right between the R and M.

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
mine stays right around the N-O-R on my gauge. winer time tho in Iowa last year, i dont think it moved at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my guage hasnt moved much past the white line and its been in the 90 the last couple of days here, the heat blows really really hot. i havent been driving it for the past few month but i cant remember if it went into the normal range, but the hoses are hot when i grab them. the ebpv valve is unpluged. Do i have a thermostat stuck open?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts