Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to convince my dad to let me get a BTS trans before mine blows up while driving.please tell me all the stuff that has happened to you and your BTS trans,how Brian helped you out and his warranty.please no derailing this thread,i wuld just like some stories.thanks

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Re: Tell BTS Stories hear

One question only. Why do you need to get your Dad's permission to spend your money on your truck?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

One question only. Why do you need to get your Dad's permission to spend your money on your truck?
I'll be willing to guess he is in the position I was once in with my truck.

I knew I was getting the truck as a graduation gift, I grew fond of diesel performance and online forums long before I graduated. I had the money and wanted to start modding knowing that the truck would eventually be mine.

When my dad still had the truck he wasn't to fond of me throwing chips gauges loud exhaust etc at it...kinda had to get his permission to do it..

That's my only guess??

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts

well im only 17 and i still live with him so everything i do has to be cleared through him

·
Registered
150 Posts

Well, Brian builds the transmission to your truck specs. He is more than willing to make sure it is done right. Several months after I put mine in the stater valve in my torque converter broke and he had a new converter on the way that day no charge. I know guys that had other various problems that were simple and he either talked them through how to fix it or sent the parts right out. In my opinion paying for a rebuilt regular transmission is not worth the time or money. I made that mistake and had to buy another transmission 3 years later. Big Mistake on my part.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'll be willing to guess he is in the position I was once in with my truck.

I knew I was getting the truck as a graduation gift, I grew fond of diesel performance and online forums long before I graduated. I had the money and wanted to start modding knowing that the truck would eventually be mine.

When my dad still had the truck he wasn't to fond of me throwing chips gauges loud exhaust etc at it...kinda had to get his permission to do it..

That's my only guess??
^^^^pretty much.i paid half for it and he took care of the other half for my birthday.its not so much that he wont let me get one,he just wants my stock trans to break first:doh::doh:

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts

TQ converter went in my bts after 7yrs 60k on it, Brian replaced it for no $$. I just payed shipping cost. Thats service.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts

^^^^pretty much.i paid half for it and he took care of the other half for my birthday.its not so much that he wont let me get one,he just wants my stock trans to break first:doh::doh:
Your dad's a smart guy.

Without larger injectors, there's really no reason to rebuild the transmission, much less upgrade the transmission, unless it's already broke. Or, you know it very soon will be.
With good tuning, good cooling, and regular filter & fluid changes, you'll be good for quite a while. Put a BTS valve body in it if you really want to work on the transmission. It'll firm up the shifts a bit, extending the clutch life.

For me, I ran for quite a while on the stock transmission with injectors and tuning before I had Brian rebuild it.
Having seen the condition mine was in, it is truly amazing how worn out it can be before it finally quite.
My friction discs had huge chunks of material missing. The steel discs were warped so badly you could wobble them on the table when you tried to lay them flat. On the way there the trans temp was consistently 120 deg F, OVER AMBIENT!!!!! And ambient on that day was 110 deg F. Brian was amazed I made it with the temps running that high.
Even with the missing friction material, if the coolers had not been plugged, I probably could have gotten another 5-10k out of it as it was.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Your dad's a smart guy.

Without larger injectors, there's really no reason to rebuild the transmission, much less upgrade the transmission, unless it's already broke. Or, you know it very soon will be.
With good tuning, good cooling, and regular filter & fluid changes, you'll be good for quite a while. Put a BTS valve body in it if you really want to work on the transmission. It'll firm up the shifts a bit, extending the clutch life.

For me, I ran for quite a while on the stock transmission with injectors and tuning before I had Brian rebuild it.
Having seen the condition mine was in, it is truly amazing how worn out it can be before it finally quite.
My friction discs had huge chunks of material missing. The steel discs were warped so badly you could wobble them on the table when you tried to lay them flat. On the way there the trans temp was consistently 120 deg F, OVER AMBIENT!!!!! And ambient on that day was 110 deg F. Brian was amazed I made it with the temps running that high.
Even with the missing friction material, if the coolers had not been plugged, I probably could have gotten another 5-10k out of it as it was.
your not helping:poke::poke::poke:

·
Wannabe
277 Posts
Re: Tell you BTS stories here.

Sure he is. He's saving you or your Dad $4000+ that you do not NEED to spend. My truck has been chipped for over 8 years and 1 year with injectors and more with only minor valve body mods. I plan to do a BTS next year if funds allow.

Listen to those trying to save you money.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would rather buy a bts trans and then add more hp,than add hp now and my trany go out,and i not have any money for a new one.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
well if you by a tranny now then you wont have any money for mods... so either way you look at it, you buy one then you wont have money for the other.. i havnt had but one pickup that had an auto in it so i dont hav much experience with them, but if it was me id do more mods first with the money i had to spend...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This is what i would do if i was in your position.

Get a BTS valve body and Stallion convertor from brian. Should make your trans last a lot longer than it will now.

Once the trans goes get a fully built BTS, brian will credit the TC and valve body off of the price for the trans you buy from him. That way you would only have to spend some money now, then save for the whole thing when your trans finally goes out.

I am almost positive he will do this, at least this is what he told me when i talked to him about transmission work.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If he isn't getting a TC from Brian, don't get a TC since it will have to be cut apart and cleaned when the trans breaks. That cost me $400 when my 700R4 broke.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
would it be worth puting a PI torque converter and valve body in?
i will have to spend another 400 to clean it when it goes/i get a full trany?
i would also have to do a pump mod

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
would it be worth puting a PI torque converter and valve body in?
i will have to spend another 400 to clean it when it goes/i get a full trany?
i would also have to do a pump mod
I would suggest talking to Brian and see what he thinks. Last time, i had to pry information out of him concerning his TC. he was good on the VB but grudgingly admitted he had a TC. I'd say he didn't recommend it but in reality, he basically didn't want me to do it. A month later, the trans crapped out. Good thing I didn't.

If he will warranty the TC when the trans breaks, fine. Go for it. Still, I wouldn't bother. Get a VB and save money for the full build.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what about a valve body and diesel site tranny cooler.anything else i could do for it?bigger pan?plus i would flush the system and put schaeffers fluid in it?would all that help it out pretty good?

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so would a 6.0 tc be needed or....?

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 35 Posts