Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving down the road, a long straight away, pretty boring so I decided to throw it on my 120 tune to expedite my travel. As I was accelerating through about 70 I heard something that reminded me of the "6.0tea kettle sound"......Boost, temps all that were good. Coolant level is good as well. Ideas?

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
boost :evil

or possible boost leak, what #'s were you pulling?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 30 psi. Boots are good. Sounded like it came from where the turbo is but from what I can tell, all is normal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the "upgraded" wheel....I have boosted higher and never heard it before.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Our Wicked Wheel ate our compressor housing due to excessive surge destroying the thrust bearings....

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STUPID INTERCOOLER BOOTS......

The boot on the cold side going into the Y was slipping off. Looked fine visually. Shake test failed. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!! Looks like its time for a turbo rebuild though. Im running a CCV kit and I still have lots of oil in my intake. The CCV has been on for a few thousand miles as well...

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
What side of the intercooler is the oil on? Have you taken the intercooler out and cleaned since you did CCV mod?

It is possible that if you have a clean pipe on the hot side, never taken out intercooler, and oil in the cold side, its simply oil from the IC being stirred up by the air flow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts