Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says ever since ive gotten my truck back from the dealer 2 weeks ago when im on the go pedal it makes the tea kettle whistle. and stops when i let off. never had the problem until after the dealer did headgaskets. also another thing that is wierd is when i start getting on it it sounds as if the blower fan in the dash is going crazy. again when i let off everything goes back to normal. but it will drive you crazy unless the stereo is cranked up.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Tea Kettle whistle is coming from the Degas bottle Cap. Might want to see about them testing the cap and replacing it, otherwise might be something a little more serious.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have the same noise it does drive you crazy

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tea Kettle whistle is coming from the Degas bottle Cap. Might want to see about them testing the cap and replacing it, otherwise might be something a little more serious.
they said they put a new cap on the degas bottle when it was in the shop. but i hope that it is the problem. the other thing i have been hearing is a hole in the intercooler. :doh:
I have the same noise it does drive you crazy
the whistle or the fan noise???

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
maybe possible exhaust leak

·
Registered
775 Posts
the damn whistle...lol sorry ....every time i hear it with people in the truck im like do you hear that its annoying as ####

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
as the title says ever since ive gotten my truck back from the dealer 2 weeks ago when im on the go pedal it makes the tea kettle whistle. and stops when i let off. never had the problem until after the dealer did headgaskets. also another thing that is wierd is when i start getting on it it sounds as if the blower fan in the dash is going crazy. again when i let off everything goes back to normal. but it will drive you crazy unless the stereo is cranked up.
Hows your boost? It sounds like what my truck did when the plastic cold side IC pipe cracked at the billows.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been hearing this same noise for about a month now it's driving me nuts!:bowfast: i hear it if i'm doing between 30 to 40mph if i keep the rpms around 1500. I bought a new cap today from autozone but maybe i should get one from the dealership if it's of better quality?:confused:

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Mine does it but only going up hill.... I was told by someone pretty knowledgeable with the 6.0's on here that its your intake manifold...

·
Registered
20 Posts
You had cylinder head work done=maybe small exhaust leak at turbo and or exhaust manifold band clamps. These pipes has to alighn well for the bands to seal. might want to check to see if maybe the clamps needs tightening up. Also check exhaust manifolds for leaks. Most diesel engine whistle is caused on exhaust side of things.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hows your boost? It sounds like what my truck did when the plastic cold side IC pipe cracked at the billows.
it still builds boost fine i still havent put tunes back on yet, gonna run stock till i get time to remove the egr cooler. i found this yesterday it was the only thing i could find that was really out of place. i was meaning to get the boot tightened down tongiht but had to work late and didnt get to mess with it. hopefully can get it done tomorrow. im really hoping that this is the problem.

Mine does it but only going up hill.... I was told by someone pretty knowledgeable with the 6.0's on here that its your intake manifold...
ill check the boots goin to it and check to maske sure it is tightened down good also tomorrow

You had cylinder head work done=maybe small exhaust leak at turbo and or exhaust manifold band clamps. These pipes has to alighn well for the bands to seal. might want to check to see if maybe the clamps needs tightening up. Also check exhaust manifolds for leaks. Most diesel engine whistle is caused on exhaust side of things.
ill investigate the manifolds also, i gotta get down there anyways to put the wire to my coolant temp sensor back on they didnt tighten that down either and it came off:doh::doh:

·
Registered
360 Posts
A knowledgeable tech should be able to go for a ride in your truck and give you a good idea what is making the noise. If it whistles under hard boost and continues for a few seconds after you let off, it is probably the degas bottle cap releasing pressure, and no that isn't normal. If it only whistles under boost it is a leak of some sort, boost or exhaust. I've seen intercoolers split open, holes in the cold side CAC tube, tears in the hot side CAC hoses, and exhaust leaks at the back of the turbo and at the y-pipe bellows. Shouldn't be that hard to find.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I had the same thing...it was the bellows from one of the manifolds/up pipes.

BTW this is supposed to be one piece...LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts