Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, say I have a JOB1 TCM on my truck and want a later one. Is it something that might be covered under a warranty?

I know there's reflashes out there to help out a bit but if it's covered I'd rather do it that way instead of buying a new one and installing it.

Also, if I do buy a new one and install it, do I need to get any sort of flashing done to get it and the PCM to talk?

Thanks!
--Cameron

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
It wont be done under warranty, when i went to buy mine they wanted to sell me a job 1, i had to give them a vin for a job2 truck

You will have to either have the dealer swap it and flash it, or you will have to find someone with IDS so they can flash it, hell i might even have a job1 in my truck now and not even know it, but i gave them both vins job 1 and 2 so who knows, the newer tunes for the job1 are alot better, not sure i would trade.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I'll keep it in the truck then. Once I sell my old chip/gauge set-up I'll be about halfway to the Spartan DPF/CAT delete...

Endstate for this truck will be a PCS, so I'll save the money and run the tunes until I get the PCS, thanks! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts