Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at your torque converters and had a few questions.

Whats the difference between the 3 (besides the obvious of price)?

What kind of HP would they handle? I am just looking for one to get me by for now till i can afford to do a entire trans, so i was lookin at the $450 one. I just dont know how well it would hold up. I dont have lots of power or anything, just the stuff in my sig. But i want to make sure it will also survive my 38" tires with stock gears in the axles and some towing. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The $450 XRTC is a HD replacement for the oem converter. It eliminates the fly apart catastrophic failures the oem designs suffer from. Features: new internal parts, double hull steel, & lower stall for diesels. It will handle heavy tow & chips except the more extreme or competition use tunes. A good choice to get you by if: you only need a converter, or want to replace the oem as a precaution, have no cooling problems now, and HD use is planned until rebuild time. A better choice than an oem rebuilt converter with an added billet cover.
The rest of the converter line is billet and features stronger construction up to competition use only level. Pricing reflects strength and the intended use for modified trucks from street strip up to full competition only. Thanks, X

1 - 2 of 2 Posts