Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put a manual lock up switch on the 5R110?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
really that sucks cause i need one. dfuser can keep it unlocked and i would like to have that option. i can never get mine to unlock and with my setup it just heats up in the hills.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
lightly tapping the brakes doesn't unlock it?
nope i thought it would too but it just stays locked. i hate it lol. i cant even drive in hills unless i keep it below 60mph and in tow haul cause thats the only way to keep it unlocked. well i guess im glad i havent bought the switch yet.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
your brake switch is going bad..replace that and when you tap the brakes it will unlock..mine did the same thing..when using the cruise control you have to push a bit further then normal to cancel?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
when you are parked somewhere have someone stand behind you and see if when you tap the brakes if the taillights come on, if not, replace the switch..

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
yea im pretty sure my switch is fine. my gf's tc stays locked alot too but the stock turbo spools good enough to pull out of it.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
yea i knew they were supposed to unlock but mine hasnt lol and hers isnt so i figured its tuning. maybe ill try hers in stock form

·
Registered
152 Posts
The brake tap only works on mine if I have an aggressive or extreme street file loaded, but doesn't work if I'm running a race file. I think quite a few guys leave their race files loaded all the time, I know I did. I never ran any other tune until I changed chargers and suddenly became very aware of when my TC was locked/unlockedLOL

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you can't just tap a wire like the 4r100?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
TCM plug under the hood....brown wire/orange tracer....ground it through a switch and don't blame me when it cooks your converter.

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I'll warn the guy up front, but it's not my truck.

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
How come the 4r can get away with it but the 5r can not? What if you upgrade converters?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Don't use it in low range. Really messes with the computer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts