Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the tax man get their cut out of people who brew their own fuels?

·
Guilty on all counts
339 Posts
I don't see why he should. They already paid tax on the ingredients to make it. Having said that, I have heard that they will fine you if they catch you running it on public roads, just like if you run off road diesel.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under 'their' system of taxing and adding junk to fuel to stretch it out, shouldn't a prorated discount be given on these blends? Like E85 Ethanol, make up for that 15% that's not gasoline and give consumers a break. Haha, keep talking rite?

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ i aggree with ya's! it's more expensive for me to run ethanol blends in both of my gassers, even though they're a nickle cheaper that 100% gas lol
Not to mention the damage ethanol does

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ah, yes we have paid taxes, but not FUEL taxes! Those are on top of everything else, so if we use home made bio on the street they feel we are wearing down their roads without paying to help keep them up. In a manner of speaking they are correct....I feel in other ways they are not. But, they have the law on their side, so that's why I don't make it a matter of public record that I do this. Granted, I'm only in the initial testing stages to make sure I'm making good quality before putting it in my rig.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In that case, how are electric cars paying their road tax?

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Would the taxes be paid under your electric bill for your house or whomever owns the property that you plug the car in at?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think there are a number of countries that implement a road tax by how much is being travelled in addition to the size and power of the vehicle. It'd be interesting to see how they're going to work out all the details so that people are more equally charged when it comes to using the transportation network.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts