Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes good Tar remover? i have a few spots i'd like to clean up

·
Banned
814 Posts
Oil-Flo

we use it on everything for asphalt paving... from removing asphalt debris in carpet to removing sealcoat off of concrete... safe for paint and all surfaces... even leather seats... only problem is that it has a funny smell so if you do anything on the interior a good washing will be needed afterwards.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Goo gone has always worked well for me, pretty cheap too like 2-3$. And you can find really easy, any local parts store or walmart should have it. but dont get the extreme, that will take paint off.

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
Kerosene works very well.
Best,
Jim

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
my fiancee ended up with tar all over the side of her car, pretty thick, and large spots near the wheel too. I got it off with WD-40

·
150 Posts
Lacquer thinner and an old cloth should take it right off.

Oil-Flo

we use it on everything for asphalt paving... from removing asphalt debris in carpet to removing sealcoat off of concrete... safe for paint and all surfaces... even leather seats... only problem is that it has a funny smell so if you do anything on the interior a good washing will be needed afterwards.
We use this stuff as well. We keep a gallon of it on the truck.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
... WD-40 and then claybar after...

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
goo gone has been great for me and not to hard on the clearcoat like others are.Get the regular houshold stuff and not the automotive stuff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts