Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a feeling my left front brake caliper is seized/seizing and also my wheel is cracked. im going to take it in for warranty work. question is, since ford likes updating software what should i do about the tuner situation. i dont have the dpf on the truck anymore. can i return it back to stock setting if the black maxx/kem knows that i dont have the dpf present?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
If you return to stock, you have to put the DPF on. You would risk the truck going in to constant regen for starters. Also, if you take the truck to the dealer without a DPF on the truck...bye bye warranty.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even for brake work? i could understand if i brought it in for egr issues or something like that, but what about stuff that has nothing to do with engine related issues?

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
How many miles on your truck? I believe brakes are only covered for 12,000 miles as they are considered a wear item. You may want to call the dealer first to see if they will warranty your brakes, may save you all the hassle of returning to stock.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
How many miles on your truck? I believe brakes are only covered for 12,000 miles as they are considered a wear item. You may want to call the dealer first to see if they will warranty your brakes, may save you all the hassle of returning to stock.
Maybe pads, but not calipers..

OP, my dealer asked me to return to stock because they said they never know who may walk in Ford related, and if they were to show up for whatever reason at whatever time, and my truck is in there, they have the right to look at it. Food for thought

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats for the replies guys. i called a dealer and explained what i have done to it performance wise and he said as long as its not engine related he doesnt care what it comes in for. i have the premium care warranty so that is why my calipers are covered, well at least i believe so. the cracked wheel is the only thing the dealer is checking on for warranty purposes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts