Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the king ranch tail gate emblem is removable or if it's got alignment holes.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I Got Money that says it's just a stick on Like all the rest!

Don't make sense for them to go through the trouble to drill two Holes in the tail gate just for that One emblem!

Take some Floss and cut it off if ya want, or fishing line ,I'd get it Hot First In the sun or with a Hairdryer...

I wouldn't Just grab it and start Pulling :~( I did this on a Flexfuel badge and the Damn edge of the badge on the Bottom side touch the clear coat and Put a mark in it LOL I had to get another Flexfuel Badge to cover it back Up hahahaha Live and Learn!

The edges of some Emblems/Badges are pretty sharp!

I Usually just us WD-40 to remove any thing left on the truck after i remove the Badges.....

Do it when your NOT in a Hurry and have plenty of time! it don't take but a few minutes anyway!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yep, I'd bet money, (Alot) that it's got no holes either, those days are long gone. They have a jig where the truck comes to a stop on the line, then the employee takes emblems from under heat lamps, peels the paper off, inserts it into the jig, aligns it with spots on the gate and it gets pressed on. (I'm assuming it's very much like GM did with the Sierra stickers on their vans.) one of the last steps in final assembly I'm sure! Like the above poster said, take some fishing line, and saw it off if you want it gone....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to be sure before trying,I was able to de badge my 05 duramax and figured I would remove the rear cadillac emblem of the EXT and to my supise they used alignment holes on it,don't want to do that again.

·
Registered
592 Posts
stop by your local Ford dealer and ask parts to pull up the Emblem,as if you were gonna buy it ,It should show how it applies...they may even have one in stock you can look at. or they can tell you,I'm sure they Know!

They do away with any bolt on parts they can,as this is only a place for rust to start...sticking the Emblems on with 3-M tape only makes sense!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Lead Foot, I bet it's more for the ease of assembly, and conformity. This way Lariats, XLT's and KR's don't need different tail gates, and the emblems are much easier to install than something with that little funky nut on the back of the plastic emblems with the stems. It's all about cutting assembly costs,, and much less about weather it could rust there in 15 years.... I would have to bet.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I Agree with ya JimTjr....They want to share as many parts between the trucks as they can,to cut cost thats only smart...and ease of assembly!

Same with the Frames....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couldn't stop myself,went ahead and pulled the emblem,no alignment holes or anything,tool box now has another emblem along with all the others I have removed from past vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts