Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my tailgate the other day to make it easier to shovel out a yard of dirt. When I took it off, I saw a slotted part on the passenger side that I can only describe as some sort of alignment tab for the tailgate. I wanted to put an LED light strip under the tailgate, but that aligner will be in the way. Does anyone know if it's really all that necessary, and if it will cause any problems if I remove it. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
I've taken them off when I was doing whatever I was doing in that corner and that tab just became another bush part. But, as time goes and your body lines change I've found myself driving down the road on a truck I eliminated this piece on and all of a suden 'BOOM' the tailgate slams open. It's since been replaced as this can be both problematic and a social faux pas if you're carrying your dirt and the gate decides to open on the Kia behind you. It's happened to me and people can be so salty and judgmental over just a little bit of 2B Modified. Leave it.

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
From what I have heard. That tab is only for the stripper pole tail gate rod. But I have not experience like Andy does. I personally would try it for a while. You maybe able to shim the inside of the sockets for the tailgate to center it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts