Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what to call it, but the panel that is on most of the tailgates I've seen has these 3 plastic clips that hold it to the tailgate, I'm having trouble tracking them down to replace the ones on my truck. If anybody knows what to call them or where to find them I would really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
They aren't made anymore. Good luck is all I can say.
You can try to pull some from a junkyard, if they even let you take just the clips, but they usually brake when trying to remove em. Or you can try to fab some.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if I could bend up some aluminum to make the straps and then just a couple long bolts through the tailgate . I mite give that a shot. If it works I'll post up pictures. If it doesn't work maybe some liquid nails and a prayer will hold it on.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
I did not know that. Either way good luck gettin em. The "obs" panel is cheaper than the brick. Lmc wants like 700 bucks for one like what was on my truck.
It is now siting in the rafters of the garage awaiting a better truck to be on.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Could use some 3m double sided tape and just build it up to the thickness needed.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I am about to be in the same situation that you are in. My decorative piece is starting to flap around in the wind. After doing some research on it I found that some have been successful using a high strength adhesive on them. But you need to pull it all apart from the inside I believe to do it right.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
I did not know that. Either way good luck gettin em. The "obs" panel is cheaper than the brick. Lmc wants like 700 bucks for one like what was on my truck.
It is now siting in the rafters of the garage awaiting a better truck to be on.
I lied, a little bit. All of the truck ones are the same at 700 buckaroos. The bronco one is 250 or so.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
It is only ten screws
That's right but my problem is that the shop that did my bed liner didn't read the work order right and sprayed the liner over the top of them. My only consolation was that they knocked $50.00 off of the price of the liner.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Actually those parts were never made separately. They were ONLY ever available with the aluminum appliqué
I could have sworn that I've sold those retainers at work before. They might be discontinued now. I'll have to remind myself to check when I get to work on Monday. I don't have access to my full catalog at home or I could check right now. I do have an illustration of the applique that shows codes for retainers, I just can't open the retainer list from home.

·
Registered
630 Posts
They're still available at the dealer also,
The outer ones are E7TZ-9942596-B, the one in the center is E7TZ-9942596-A. Retail at $11 each for either number.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
700 bucks, I can get a whole new tailgate without the holes in it painted to match for less. I'm gonna try the aluminum thing, I figure I can probably use .060 T3 or T6. I have access to scrap pieces at work, at least to see if its worth the trouble.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.