Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm striking out guys. Ive been building up a 2002 e-450 powerstroke ambulance to live in full time and travel the country for about 4 months now. pretty much bailing on my life as i know it and starting a completely new one with the dog and this van. So heres my setup -

02 7.3 powerstroke
  • 180/80 full force injectors
  • Irate diesel performance full fuel system
  • IDP Intake plenums
  • IDP T4 turbo mount
  • IDP T4 superduty downpipe
  • BorgWarner S366SXE turbo
  • hydra w/ brians tunes
theres more but its most likely not pertinent info

SO! Nobody apparently has done this on a van before. Or very few people have, and IM LOOKING TO SPEAK WITH THOSE PEOPLE. Ive called numerous shops, perused internet forums, done gobs and gobs of looking and searching and have yet to find a single person who can lead me to any definite answers.

I have an issue with the intake for the turbo. Theres not enough room (van, go figure) to have a traditional setup come out the front of the van from the turbo and the intake plenums. I'm at a loss as to which direction to head. I thought i would maybe be able to hood scoop and come straight out the top after i removed the fuel bowl and the IDP system places a fuel regulator right smack in the middle of my space i was going to use. back up plans involve plastic welding something that can exit off to one side and become an a-pillar air intake, possibly going through the dash and out the side of the fender??? need halp.

The closest thing i could get to an answer was from a shop in oregon who performed similar work to a van years ago, and they said they ended up locating the air filters immediately above to plenums pretty much sitting on the valve covers, for times sake. I'm gonna be driving this thing around the deserts, as well as the mountains, and i feel like i need to get some cooler air into my intercooler'less turbo on my 13,000 lb ambulance thats gonna be pushing close to probably 400 whp and finding itself on all manner of backroad.

If anybody has any info, leads, friends, pictures, websites, or suggestions im pleading you share them with me. Alternatively, If you cant answer my problem, please kindly refrain from posting up to say you cannot answer my problem, THANKS!

...Cant post pics on first post apparently

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you called Irate and asked them? Since you are using their T4 kit and fuel system, they may be able to point you in the right direction or design some fuel lines that allow you to move the fuel pressure regulator so you have room. That would be my first call. They have always been really helpful when I contact them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i talked with the guys at idp and they directed me towards another diesel shop in oregon that had done a conversion some years ago...the guys were of little help. they put the air filters on top of the valve covers and i dont think i can get away with that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts