Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

synthetic oils

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Tedzz 
#1 ·
I was consitering changing all of my fluids to synthetic. But I had a friend tell me there was a good chance I could develope leaks by switch to full synthetics, any truth to this. If I were to switch, what front and rear end fluid is recemended , along w/ transmission, and transfer case.
thank you for your time.

#2 ·
COMPLETE BS

Your friend needs to get educated.

The front and rear already have factory fill synthetic. You need 75-140 synthetic of your choice. Mobil 1 and Redline are good.

Synth for the tranny is great, but not needed unless you run high heat all the time. Plain ole dino changed every 30K is plenty adequate for 99% of these trucks on the road.

Engine oil, Rotella 5-40, Schaffers, and some others are good.

#3 ·
Thanks so much for the quick reply. What amount for the F. and R diff ?? How about the transfer case.
thanks again

#5 ·
Thanks again for your feedback.
Frank

#8 ·
I heard it put undue stress on the little known blinker bearings.

Every where else I kinda like Royal Purple.

#10 ·
WoW! I Changed my Blinker Fluid last month. I found M1 at Wallgreens.
What a difference. They start blinking quicker and they seem to blink alot faster! Really a Good investment.

As for Synthetic Motor oil? gregrobs posts are good advice. M1 also makes a good diesel oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.