Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched these forums and cannot find an answer to my question, I am wanting to switch to a synthetic oil but am wondering if it is ok to run it year round? I live in northwestern Missouri so it does get pretty hot out just curious if it is ok to run year round? I am wanting to switch to the valvoline sythetic thanks in advance. One other thing it has ran nothing but rotella 15w 40 for its whole life, 145,000 miles.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I have searched these forums and cannot find an answer to my question, I am wanting to switch to a synthetic oil but am wondering if it is ok to run it year round? I live in northwestern Missouri so it does get pretty hot out just curious if it is ok to run year round? I am wanting to switch to the valvoline sythetic thanks in advance. One other thing it has ran nothing but rotella 15w 40 for its whole life, 145,000 miles.
Just getting the rotella out of there is a big step. Its ok to run synthetic year round. I do it in my gasser. Heck the stroke has an oil cooler my gasser dont.

·
More Power Tim
81 Posts
I don't know this for sure but a quality synthetic seems to help the engine run slightly cooler and definately cleaner. Cleaner is good for those small passageways in the injectors and cooling fins in the oil coolers. Build up is a bad word for these engines. Just my philisophy.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
5w-40 Valvoline. Live in south FL. Beat the #### out of it year round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts