Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed while looking for a 08 some have a cubby hole on the dash next to the brake controller and some have switches. if i buy one that has a cubby hole can you buy the switches so replace it? If you can i assume it is already wired for them is there relays?

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
yes you can its like 150 for the switches and might take all of a half hour to do. i plan on doin it soon

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are the wires already there and do they have relays?

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
when you buy the switches from ford it comes with everything you need and it plugs up underneath your dash on the right of the steering column its gray in color. then if you pop your hood there is four hot wires to plug your accessories in. it would be easier to show you then explain it haha

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No big deal just curious.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
when you buy the switches from ford it comes with everything you need and it plugs up underneath your dash on the right of the steering column its gray in color. then if you pop your hood there is four hot wires to plug your accessories in. it would be easier to show you then explain it haha
Are these different than the 6.0's? Those 4 wires under the hood are not hot, they just run from under the hood to under the dash, they're more or less just pre-run wires through the firewall. You can connect them to your upfitter switches and make them hot, but they're not already like that. This is how I wired my accessory lights on my 06. I added the upfitters in to mine because it didn't come with them factory. Very simple to do!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool thanks for the info.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
Are these different than the 6.0's? Those 4 wires under the hood are not hot, they just run from under the hood to under the dash, they're more or less just pre-run wires through the firewall. You can connect them to your upfitter switches and make them hot, but they're not already like that. This is how I wired my accessory lights on my 06. I added the upfitters in to mine because it didn't come with them factory. Very simple to do!
yea it is a little but i have a link for those ones too! haha. and yeah i didnt mean they were constantly hot but its a hot wire you know.

http://www.superdutydiesel.com/wiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=13

1 - 9 of 9 Posts