Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good compound to remove swirl marks on my truck? It is the forest green color and shows everything just like a freaking black truck. Ive heard good reviews about the Meguiars UC using a machine. I have an orbital buffer I guess I could use I usually prefer doing it by hand. Yall know if it is any good to use by hand or any product that will be good to use by hand?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have not detailed in 15 plus years but from my experience the swirl marks are usually from a so-so machine job where operator is getting on the edge of the pad. Easiest way to get them out is to go over again by hand with wax.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, swirl marks come from in proper use of a speed buffer. I would use a orbital with a quality polish. the orbital will not leave swirl marks. Depending on how bad the swirls are a good cleaner wax with a orbital the a goos top coat wax next.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Trust me, pick up an Adam's orbital kit, expensive but WELL worth it. It takes it all out. I have done a few trucks with AWESOME results.

Here is a buddy's of mine that I did... It was full of swirl marks and he had been scratched up pretty bad from trees during elk hunting. He was very happy... :D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Yeah, swirl marks come from in proper use of a speed buffer. I would use a orbital with a quality polish. the orbital will not leave swirl marks. Depending on how bad the swirls are a good cleaner wax with a orbital the a goos top coat wax next.
Yes and no. I can put fine scratches and swirl marks just from using a plain towel to dry or wash the truck. Once it is done with the orbital ALWAYS use microfiber!!! Never was a believer until I got this Adam's kit several years ago.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yes terry towels can leave scratches. Always use microfiber towels and use them for chrome also.

·
Registered
747 Posts
ive got some pretty bad swirl marks on my truck from not paying attention to the buffer when i was buffing it. I have the Meguiers swirl remover 2.0. Should i go at it by hand or Use a buffer with a cotton pad and just got at it slow?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The best thing is either hand wax or orbital. The least little movement on a buffer no matter what speed can give you swirls. I have owned a detail shop for about 10 years now and it takes a lot of practice to use a buffer and not leave swirls. You can pick up a cheap orbital anywhere for about $20. It is worth it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts