Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 94.5 that i seized a piston in that I'm swapping out with another motor out of a 95. Before I just drop the new one in I want to fix/ugrade/replace a lot of things on it to save me headache in the future. I'm doing a clutch for sure as its needed anyways as well as new hoses all around and maybe reseal and gasket the whole motor including new head studs. Im most likely going to take the new oil pumps and water pump off my ruined motor and put in the new one since they are all almost brand new. I'm also thinking an e-fuel system like Marty's, but its pricey for me. I dont want to keep using the mech fuel pump since that's what failed my last motor so I might bite the bullet and buy it. I'm looking for suggestions on what else I should do that will be easy while it's out to fix or upgrade. I'm not looking for lots of power, just quality parts to keep the truck running good/better than stock.

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
Well that's a loaded question. You can go as far as ur money will take u. I would replace the down pipe if it still has the flat one. I would do all the oil plugs in the heads. I would do bellowed up pipes. I would do the oil pan and dipstick adapter. I would do a delete the pedestal on turbo. I know this cause I did all this. I mean there is a lot of info on here on upgrades what to do and why. It all depends on ur budget.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually just those few suggestions are what I'm looking for. Im building it slowly over a few months so I can kinda stretch my budget a little but I'm not a wealthy man by any means. Mostly little things that could potentially be a big headache in the future once the motor is in the truck. And any suggestions on a good clutch, comparable to stock or a little better?

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
Well I would reseal it do the oil rail end plugs, rear main, oil pan reseal or replace. Oil pan requires engine removal to do so worth doing while out. end plugs can be done with motor installed but are a pain in the butt. I did all these upgrades on my 95 and u can see more in my build thread down in my signature below.

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
As far a clutches there are several brands I have had to switch mine to auto from auto. Maybe we can get some body to stop by and give their 2 cents on it I know its been discussed many times. I believe south bend is one of them. @Sbluke55

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
Yep, South Bend Clutch makes good stuff Link: HERE

They've got a bunch to choose from, from mild to wild.

I've been running an SB double-disc in mine for over 14 years... (yeah, probably a little overkill... but it's the last clutch I'll ever need).

ON EDIT: You used to be able to buy directly from them, but I think now they like to sell through their dealers, so you might give 'em a call to check (if that's the route you go).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys, that's what I was looking for. If anyone has anything else they've done I'd be happy to hear what you did. I'm just trying to make this motor so I dont have to tear it apart in the future to fix something dumb that I could have done now while its out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts