Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Powerstroke Tinkerer
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys.....I want to swap the dash out of my 2003 superduty diesel (7.3L) into the 2000 superduty diesel (7.3L) I just bought. Has anyone done this? Is it just a bolt in, or do I have to swap the harness too? How big of a job is it? Thanks in advance......

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
it will bolt right in. everything is the same.

·
Powerstroke Tinkerer
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the gauge cluster? I want to use the one out of the 2003. Can I use the wiring harness out of the 2000?

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
i dont think the gauge clusters will swap since they are different.

·
Powerstroke Tinkerer
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'll have to swap out the wiring harness then.....

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
it may work. i just dont know. i do know that you CANNOT switch from a 7.3 cluster to a 6.0 one. A few guys on here have done a 05+ dash swap and they still have their orginal cluster in there.

·
Powerstroke Tinkerer
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not going to a 6.0L cluster......My 2003 that I rolled was a 7.3L, not a 6.0L. I'm stripping all the interior out of the 2003 to put in the 2000, because the 2003 was a black sport model.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
i know that but its the same principle.

the early 7.3s used roller odometers where as the later used digital and the gauge layout is much different.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
If you took the wiring harness out and swapped them you would be ok.

The 2000 has a fuse panel under the dash and under the hood. Your 2003 has both fuse panels in the dash.

·
Powerstroke Tinkerer
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess I will just have to swap everything.....Just a little more work no extra money...:ford:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts