Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'll try to keep this short. I'm looking to build a 2wd diesel sled puller. It is a non street class, 530ci limit gas or diesel.

I have a E350 ambulance chassis with the 7.3 and the 4r100. It currently has what i beleive are blown HG(s) I am going to pull the cab to check out the HG situation and if for some reason i find somthing else wrong, cracked pistons, very worn cylinders or such I'm going to dump the 7.3 and drop in a 98 12v ppump.

Here is where my questions come into play. What would be the cheapest/easiest way to drop the 12v in it? Like i said this is a non street driven class. So no need for alternators,lights, and any extra stuff.

I have the stock dodge 2wd trans that is attatched to my 12v.

I was thinking that i could use either the stock cummins trans, and just use the manual selections on the shifter, then i wouldn't have to buy a adaptor plate to run my 4r100.. As i had originally planned on just using the 4r100 and locking the T/C with a switch and running the Manual selection of 1,2,r,n,p..?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dropping in the 12v shouldn't be that difficult. You might have to fabricate your own engine mounts if you can't find a manufacturer that doesn't already make them for a swap like this (kind of doubtful.) I don't remember what year the Cummins switched from being mechanical fuel pump to a electronic (wanna say 96) so it's a little more difficult that just power/ground for wiring.

Other then that, after some fab work for the cross member and engine mounts, most everything else should fall into play, might have to make a mount for the intercooler too, put if you're handy with fabrication work it shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure out what was wrong with the original powerstroke. I'm 99% sure its a bad injector cup. So i'm going to replace all the cups and keep the 7.3 for this season. I got a good deal on a set of 7.1mm plungers so i'm going to build a set of hybrids and put compounds on it. I'm hoping to have the cups replaced and the heads back on in the next 2-3weeks and then start on the compound fabing, and the frame/hitch buildup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts