Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the swamps stage 2 split shot or the 175/146 single shot sticks for my superduty. What's really the difference between them? If I properly tune and having supporting mods will they both have the same outcomes with power and fuel economy? Pros and cons? Reviews? I really like the 5 year 200,000 miles warranty with them.

·
fueled by Colecovision
3,060 Posts
Our Stage2 splits, and 175 single shots have pretty similar peak hp...

the main difference is that the single shots (175/146) require a custom tuned chip...while the Stage2 splits do not.

since there are many people not interested in changing from their existing ___(off the shelf) tuner..we designed the Stage2 splits to work with the existing/generic tuning available.

The single shots generally get better fuel economy.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
The 175/146 will be a lot easier on oil. stock fuel system will support both no problems, but i do recommend a regulated return or frx at minimum

·
turbo freak
71 Posts
Our Stage2 splits, and 175 single shots have pretty similar peak hp...

the main difference is that the single shots (175/146) require a custom tuned chip...while the Stage2 splits do not.

since there are many people not interested in changing from their existing ___(off the shelf) tuner..we designed the Stage2 splits to work with the existing/generic tuning available.

The single shots generally get better fuel economy.
Meaning they can run there tunes for stock sticks?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts