Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have feedback on Swamps custom tuned chip available for purchase with their Stage 1 175/146 injectors?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep 300 bucks or a free reburn on a TS if you have one with the purchase of their injectors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's that I read on their website. I'd figure since the chip they offer is specifically tuned for these injectors I can't go wrong.
I was wondering if anyone is using the chip Swamps offers for 300 dollars for use with the 175/164 singles.

·
International Diesel Tech
199 Posts
I had the same setup and was some of the best tunes I had

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What sort of HP gains were you seeing at the time?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Around 350-380 is what I'm going for right now. Gonna add a Garrett 38r to that setup and call it good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't want to be that guy but be careful of the PMR's

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can't ever figure out what tunes you can and can't get with Swamps... Their doc doesn't really tell you what is what and what all is avalble Very confusing for document that is meant help choose tunes :-(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I'm sayin! I heard some 02 7.3s got out of the factory with forged rods but I checked and mine ain't one of them :/
Anyone been quoted for installation of forged rods? I can imagine its big bucks. I'd like to find an engine and build it up so I can just swap it out when it's done.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
I can't ever figure out what tunes you can and can't get with Swamps... Their doc doesn't really tell you what is what and what all is avalble Very confusing for document that is meant help choose tunes :-(
we have over 2000 programs available...

once we sort by PCM code, year, transmission style, injector size, nozzle size, turbo size, gear ratio, tire size, and the customers' application/usage; we generally filter it down to 8-10 programs for 'a' specific truck.

generally our custom tunes would be:

• stock (or mild daily if customer is running a non-stock injector)
  • high idle
  • fuel economy
  • tow
  • hot street
  • race (or specific tunes for sled pulling)

We routinely substitute an additional tow program (light tow &/or heavy tow), speed limiter programs (for fleet vehicles), or specific race/sled pulling tuning as the customer requests.

·
Registered
857 Posts
how do the 175/146 compare to the 160/30%?

·
Registered
307 Posts
we have over 2000 programs available...

once we sort by PCM code, year, transmission style, injector size, nozzle size, turbo size, gear ratio, tire size, and the customers' application/usage; we generally filter it down to 8-10 programs for 'a' specific truck.

generally our custom tunes would be:

• stock (or mild daily if customer is running a non-stock injector)
  • high idle
  • fuel economy
  • tow
  • hot street
  • race (or specific tunes for sled pulling)

We routinely substitute an additional tow program (light tow &/or heavy tow), speed limiter programs (for fleet vehicles), or specific race/sled pulling tuning as the customer requests.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Travis

·
Registered
13 Posts
my rig is in the shop now getting those injectors and a wicked wheel to reduce that magnificent surging while under load uphill and i have had the 6 pos ts chip from swamps. I would highly suggest getting your chip from swamps just because they offer lifetime tunes with the chip if you purchase it from them. Beans quoted me a price of 250 to re-burn my chip for their injectors so i went with swamps. Plus swamps has the 5yr 200,000 mile warranty that beans doesn't have. Good luck with the set up though cant wait until my rig is done. I will give you a update on what it dyno's at.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts