Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody runing swamps 200/30% hybrids on a PMR motor? i was down there monday to pick up my brothers block and ported heads and i belive i will have to have a set very soon but was wondering about my rods. i have a stock turbo with a wicked wheel allready. it says 400ish rwhp so i was kinda worried about my rods and what about haven my chip reburnt????????

· Busy Busy
9,011 Posts
I broke my PMR motor with 238/80% on a tune that dyno'd 430 rwhp.

· Registered
7,368 Posts
I broke my PMR motor with 238/80% on a tune that dyno'd 430 rwhp.
yeah but i bet if you would have had the tuner you have now, back then, things would have ended differently...errrr...not ended at all.

to the OP, just make sure if you get swamps injectors to let swamps tune them. thats your best bet. with swamps sticks/tunes i wouldnt even worry

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Where's the nutswinger smiley when you need it...

LOL

· Village Idiot
8,222 Posts
what kind of sticks do you run kainers ?
and who tuned it, and was it lived tuned.

· Starting Over
4,619 Posts
what kind of sticks do you run kainers ?
and who tuned it, and was it lived tuned.
Too many I started with stage 2's whatever stocker honed out made 380
Then graduated to some local built hybrids that made 399.8
Then went to bob riley hybrids made 425 or 430 hell if I can remember
Then in an attempt to blow her up I put in some Cass 400cc bcodes and made 489.

I have ran TW tunes I have ran Jody tunes.I was lived tuned with the bob riley hybrids and a QSSB but since put in a 71mm sledghammer what have you that I got from luke along with the 400's.

I still drive her.Hell made a trip to bend and back this past weekend.Just don't have the money for a rebuild.Wondering when those PMR'S are gonna finally leave.

I personally think that a major contributing factor is that I run a Blue CPS that has been proven to retard the timing mechanically:D

I am serious about blowing it up OP just cause one does it doesn't mean another can.Not all trucks are the same.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Where's the 600+rwhp stock bottom end over and over again smiley when you need it...
It was a joke Charles.

That cat has been tooting Swamps horn for quite some time now. More how he says it than what he's actually saying.

At any rate, if I had the funds to do it I would like to get a set of hybrids and tunes from Swamps. But I really can't justify it since what I have is working reasonably well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts