Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the question. Assume that you had a '02 F-350 that you wanted the best ride as possible on... What would you do? Which ladder bar system would you use? Shocks? Springs? Etc?

Sam

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting... I was thinking more along the lines of ladder bars, better shocks, etc... Not completely changing the suspension...

Sam

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You are spekaing of ride quailty.
Get the ICON 4.5 Hanger kit It will give a much better ride and with no reduction in weight capacity.

In the rear install 5" ICON rear leafs and firestone air bags to level for towin. That gets you a much softer ride than stock unloaded yet still do not have issue with squatting with the air bags with heavy payloads or towing.

Add a set of single traction bars that are long and install roughly in line with the drive shaft angle.

Get the proper ICON or Blisten shocks.

Run 35x12.5018-20 tires pn 18-20x10" rims

Dual steering stabilzers or better yet hydro ram assist steering for the best turning and control.

But I defer to the real suspension experts such as OBSWIZ etc...

Make sure you get a proper 4 wheel alignment wit specs set to idea not just in the range and steering wheel straght.

Set your tire pressure based on the tires manf recomendtions for the load weight on each axle seperately.

Go to EBC pads and rotors Or in addition if you have the $$$ add the SSBC 8 piston calipers for the best stopping force with stock sized rotors/brake system.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for as near as stock heigth as possible. I have most of my answers via PM.

I would be interested to hear from anyone using ladder bars opposed to traction bars??? What setup are you running and how do you like it?

Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts