Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i think im going to go a lil bit lower with my Ex so that my GF can drive it around town without having to worry where to park it...

here are some specs

DR 10.5" kit
front deaver springs
rear fabtech springs
Front DR hanger kit
Front bistien 5150 shocks

wheelse are

Welds 20x10 (possible 12" wide)
Toyo 40" 15.5" X20

i know the tires alone are over 700 new each.. there is about 80% tread left on them.. wheels are over 500 new each

looking to get 2500k for wheel and tires and 1500 for the suspension

this setup new was about 7k

possibly sell the dual front shock hoop and bracket system as well as the Crossover steering kit

let me know...

possible trade for a 6" suspension, wheels and tires and some cash...

-Raul

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude ur crazy...every guy that gets a EX wants a big lift and ur gonna sell it!..I say get the girl some parkin lessons and leave it alone..haha
lol... im still going to have a lift on it.. going to go with a 6" on 37's.... and once i have a lil coin saved up get a PMF 4 link front and rear air ride susp in a 6-10" adjustability....

-Raul

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,965 Posts
Good luck trying to get that kind of quid outta your rolling stock...I tried selling a 38" set of tires on 18's for 1500 bucks that had 4000 miles on em and 5 months later parted em out for a grand. Although on here somebody might be more willing to work with ya especially if you're close to them.

I feel ya! My gf didnt like my 03 1ton on 35's and now we have a 3/4 on 39's...I tell her park waaaaay out away from the store and take up as much space as you need.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck trying to get that kind of quid outta your rolling stock...I tried selling a 38" set of tires on 18's for 1500 bucks that had 4000 miles on em and 5 months later parted em out for a grand. Although on here somebody might be more willing to work with ya especially if you're close to them.

I feel ya! My gf didnt like my 03 1ton on 35's and now we have a 3/4 on 39's...I tell her park waaaaay out away from the store and take up as much space as you need.
thanks bud..... its just a feeler... i def like the ex how it is right now... and its not the outside parking that im worried about... with it being soo high and wide you cant park in any parking structures and where she works its a small windy road...

if it sells cool.. if not ill just keep it just like it is

-Raul

·
Registered
475 Posts
I will trade ya for an 8" lift and toyo 38's. 37's would fit better on it though cause mine rub a bit on the inner fender when turned and hit a bump. I would want to keep my wheels though.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

Sold my 35" ATZ's on 18" Monsters, with 20K miles for $1500 no problem.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will trade ya for an 8" lift and toyo 38's. 37's would fit better on it though cause mine rub a bit on the inner fender when turned and hit a bump. I would want to keep my wheels though.
tempting but i really want to go down to a 6" lift.... 8" lift would prob still be a lil too much for her.....

but this weekend i just remembered that the DR 10.5" lift is a 4.5" hanger on 6" springs... so im prob just going to look for some stock hangers/ shackles and swap them out.... this should bring me down to a 6" lift

-Raul

·
Registered
475 Posts
What about the rear though? Is it just a 6 inch spring with a block? Let me know if you're going to sell the shackle setup. Maybe we can work something out that way. I am also interested in the tires if you want to sell them seperate from the wheels.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the rear though? Is it just a 6 inch spring with a block? Let me know if you're going to sell the shackle setup. Maybe we can work something out that way. I am also interested in the tires if you want to sell them seperate from the wheels.
right now the rear is setup with fabtech 6" rear springs onto my 6" traction blocks... but im keeping my traction blocks so you would have to purchase some 6" blocks for the rear... i can get you a good deal on some good custom ones.... also have a 5" block but i didnt like how it has a lil tiny bit of a lean so i had these custom 6" traction blocks made....

it would cost a ridiculous amount to ship the springs and the tires to where your at.....

·
Registered
475 Posts
right now the rear is setup with fabtech 6" rear springs onto my 6" traction blocks... but im keeping my traction blocks so you would have to purchase some 6" blocks for the rear... i can get you a good deal on some good custom ones.... also have a 5" block but i didnt like how it has a lil tiny bit of a lean so i had these custom 6" traction blocks made....

it would cost a ridiculous amount to ship the springs and the tires to where your at.....
I have a shipping contact in washington that can get me good rates from there to AK. That is the only reason I was even considering it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a shipping contact in washington that can get me good rates from there to AK. That is the only reason I was even considering it.
ah k....

well as of right now if i just take the hanger kit and put the stock ones back on ill be putting my stock rear springs on with my traction blocks and getting rid of the 6" rear springs, front hangers'shackles, front bilstein 5150' shocks (4 of them) and drop down trac bar.....

tires i wont get rid of until i can find some smaller ones...that will fit the lift

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Hey raul i have most of the stock stuff left from my lift on my 03. Its the stock hangers and shackles and im not sure what else. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Raul -

I was checking out your gallery and liked the bumper/winch/light combination on your crew cab (christine?). Who fabricated the bumper? Thinking about putting a bumper on my Excursion. Going to do the lift first, and looking for something about 6-8" with 35's....

Sorry to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Raul -

I was checking out your gallery and liked the bumper/winch/light combination on your crew cab (christine?). Who fabricated the bumper? Thinking about putting a bumper on my Excursion. Going to do the lift first, and looking for something about 6-8" with 35's....

Sorry to hijack the thread.
the company that made that one is no longer in business... the company died before they even got around to make them..i believe that one was one of 3 that they actually made....

6" will look ok with 35's but 8" will look funny with that small of a tire... heck you can easily fit 37's on a 6" lift

-Raul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bummer. Looks like a nice piece.

Yeah, the lift I was actually looking at is a 5" kit, but I saw some pics of another X with it, and the actual lift was around 8" when installed. It seemed to fit nice with 35's. Maybe all the lifts actually end up higher than advertised?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Are you interested in seperating the tires from the wheels? I would be interested in the tires if so.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.