Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read so many posts on so many different and am more confused than ever. Here is my Delima; I currently have a lifetime powertrain warranty on my truck, that is as long as I get my oil changed at the dealer every 5k miles. When I bought the truck a year and a half ago I bought the edge juice with attitude. I was always nervous about taking it in to get the oil changed with the edge still on so I would unhook it before taking it in. About two oil changes ago, my wife took it in to get the oil changed for me. She called me from the dealership telling me they wanted to know if I had a chip or tuner on it. I told her to play dumb. Turns out they reflashed the computer and wanted to let me know that if I did have a chip/tuner I didn't anymore. Every since then I have been paranoid. My question is; does anyone know 100%I sure if the edge juice with attitude leaves a footprint. Everything I have read is 50/50. The ones that say it doesn't say when you set it back to stock and take it off you have to unhook your batteries which erases all the info that is stored in your factory computer. I have tried to sell the tuner so I wouldn't have to worry about it with no avail. I liked the truck so much better with it on though. The main thing I liked was the gauges. If I put it back on and leave it stock and use it for just the gauges would that work? I really don't want to lose my warranty.

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Funny, I was going to start a thread asking the same question! I have a livewire. subscribed!

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
The livewire, spartan dashdaq, or h&s is virtually undetectable, though if they dug hard enough, they may find some things that may lead them to think you may have had a tuner on it. As far as i know, most of all other tuners do leave foot prints. You shouldnt have been running an edge for your truck anyways, you need something with better tuning capabilities that is all around more powerful and safer for your truck. I recommend a Livewire from Innovative diesel, A Spartan Dashdaq, or H&S MiniMax if you want a programmer for your truck

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I had a bullydog in my old 08 and it does leave a foot print no matter what you do. I have the Spartan and there is no foot print left. I have a buddy that works for ford and we tested it. He couldn't find a foot print of it anywhere. Another reason i love my Spartan i have put my truck to stock taken it in and never a thing said about tuners/chips. I know you get what you pay for with tuners. It took a couple of seconds to find that bullydog foot print. They can tell what time, km, and how long it was driven tuned for.

·
Registered
475 Posts
We have the same software the dealer uses and I can tell you the Spartan is the most undetectable of them all. The new Spartan tuning gets you all the tunes thru 350hp, EGR on or EGR off tunes, all the tunes if your running there TCM, and gets you the chooses of tranny lockup up choices. Between the tuning and the way it returns the truck to stock it's the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts