Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a guy selling a superchips chip on Craigslist for 100 bucks. I've got a stock 02 7.3 and I was wondering if it would be worth it to get it for $100, will I notice any power increase with it? Any advice is apreciated

·
Registered
217 Posts
Get a ts chip with custom tunes. There is much more power to be had with custom tunes. It wont be the same truck after some tunes. It really wakes it Up.

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
I had one and honestly it wad decent. You could tell a difference in the truck. Buy it doesn't tune the trans. Make sure it isn't locked first. I broke down and finally ordered custom tunes from PHP though. It should read codes to.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I would go for it. When I got my truck I found a cheap tuner on cl. I thought it was bad ass for awhile because it was night and day. Now im going the whole injectors turbo etc etc but you Will have fun wig it for awhile. And its only 100 bucks so you can get your $ out of it when you want to move up

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I think its a waste of money. You can't change tunes on the fly, its not retuneable, it doesn't give you the most out of your truck, and its a waste if you plan on running bigger injectors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Make sure it's not VIN locked. I bought a Superchips flashpaq 1805 on Ebay and It was Vin locked. The flashpaq is upgradable. So i was able to pay a fee to superchips and Unlock it. I know the old ones are not upgradable. I would be interested in selling my Flashpaq. Want to upgrade to a TS chip. The superschip works good and it's really nice having the built in scanner.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Make sure it's not VIN locked. I bought a Superchips flashpaq 1805 on Ebay and It was Vin locked. The flashpaq is upgradable. So i was able to pay a fee to superchips and Unlock it. I know the old ones are not upgradable. I would be interested in selling my Flashpaq. Want to upgrade to a TS chip. The superschip works good and it's really nice having the built in scanner.
If it works good why are you wanting custom tunes?????

OP, stay away from canned tunes. Your trans will thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one in my truck, believe its the 1705. Buddy got rid of his truck and gave it to me. The code reader is nice and it did make a difference. It does what i need it to do. I have not been in a truck with custom tunes but i hear it is a big difference. I say if you don't have the money for custom tunes then go with the superchips.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I did end up getting it talked the guy down to 75 bucks and it is vin locked of course so I bought a scan tool for $75!

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
fkn dirt bags selling locked units...they all swear up and down they are unlocked yet locked everytime.

hope he goes to ford and they reflash the pcm to some defective stock mode.
still a good scanner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts