Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a superduty turbo from the junkyard today and it is tight. I figure it wouldn't be worth it to swap because of the need to swap up pipes etc. but my question is, would there be any benefit to swapping either of the housings or wheels or other parts to my turbo? Tia for any suggestions

·
Registered
909 Posts
I dont think the housings can be interchanged. The SD compressor housing is to big and will hit the head cause of the OBS lower pedestal

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the wheels? I believe they interchange, would the superduty push more boost over stock obs?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
A super duty wheel is a more aggressive wheel. But it can cause a surge due to it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I may try swapping them and see if I like it or not, I was reading that it shouldn't surge because obs turbos spin slower due to a larger exhaust housing. Is this correct?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The original wicked wheel yes. The obs does not flow as much and they are swapped to reduce compressor surge in the sd. So I was looking to swap a sd wheel in my obs turbo, correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the SD 9-blade wheel in my '97 and it runs great with a 1.0 housing with no surge. I have a billet 11-blade to swap in, but I'm not going to run, just gonna sell it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to swap and looks like I have to pull my Turbo, couldn't get that very bottom bolt off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts