Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a couple quick searches but did not come up with what I was looking for. I just took a 2001 7.3 superduty on trade for a truck I had. The superduty the body has pretty much rotted off of it and I know where I can get a super clean southern rolling chassis CCLB obs that had a 7.3 in it a guy bought for a cummins swap and never did. I could probably get the whole truck cheaper than just a box for the superduty. But how much of the drivetrain will go in the obs and would it be a huge headache? The 7.3 I have only has 100k and runs super strong so it appears to be a good drive train. The obs has no motor but I am not sure about any of the accessories like brackets up pipes etc.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
As long as you have a donor truck just swap everything over from the inner cooler to the wire harness and all electronics. You'll also need to set up a electric fuel pump for the 2001 motor since the one in the OBS is mechanical.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
The only thing that is really the same on both trucks is the engine. The wiring harness and everything else except for a few sensors and electrics are different.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My concern is there isn't a motor in or with the obs. I think the harness is there but that's about it except for a box of misc parts.

·
Registered
696 Posts
You don't say they have for transmissions but people say the 4r100 can go in place of the e4od, just don't use the electrical plug in that is up on top of the trans. The e4od can't be used in a superduty because the superduty uses that electrical plug in up on top of the 4r100 for more sensors.

You will also have the intercooler and pipes that could be put on the obs

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are both autos at least for right now anyways. So if I were to decide to pursue this I should be able to use the superduty trans as well I was not sure on that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.