Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone who has done this.... the body on my buddies 86 f250 is shot (its an old idi plow truck)

I found a cheap 99 f250 that has a bad trans

Ive had lots of superduty cabs up, but never once thought to measure cab mounts and such

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
why not just put a tranns in the f250?

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
Converting the '99 to 4x4 would probably be less work, but it would be a cool project either route.

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
On second thought why dont you put the '86 body on the '99 and then make it 4x4:evil

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
On second thought why dont you put the '86 body on the '99 and then make it 4x4:evil

Because the '86 is rusted out and its already a 4x4. That is the point of this thread.

I'm guessing he still needs the plow truck, but would like a better body.

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
gotcha

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
It can be done. You will have to move mounts around but if you can use a torch or plasma cutter and a good welder then you can accomplish it fairly easily.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I went ahead an scrapped the superduty body idea, Ended up finding a 94 f150 here local with a blown e4od for 600 bucks....

Before and after pics (best ive got for now).... . Added a 3in body lift and some 33's that I had layn around. Turned out pretty well just need to put the hood back on and a couple other piddly things. All the guages work except the tach (need to get a sender for the motor) and the spedo (dosent have a vss axle)

I was bored, and slapped on some badges that I had laying around
[/quote]

·
Registered
259 Posts
That looks a lot better than a hacked together superduty body on it. Looking good

·
Registered
871 Posts
Great so now Ronny has a mini-Frankestroke

1 - 20 of 25 Posts