Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im possibly going to pickup a '95 OBS Powerstroke tonight just for the transmission in my Cummins coversion. Im curious of the differences on OBS and SD 7.3 Powerstrokes. The SD is an 03 7.3L. If the fuel system is switched over, injectors, HPOP, front cover, etc. can these years be interchanged with eachother? Would like to have a good 7.3 to build up for a friend if its compatible. Tried a search but didnt yield great results.

Any info on the differences and what needs to be changed would be greatly appreciated!

-Tyler

·
Registered
156 Posts
As far as i know the only difference are the injectors and then subsequently probably the PCM as well (OBS are single shot, while SD are double shot) and the SD has intercooler.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
You have to put a freeze plug in the hole where the OBS fuel pump is.. The SD cams do not have the lobe to work the OBS fuel pump. I believe the front covers are different but other than that I think your gtg.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I would think the covers would be interchangable, so it'll be simple R&R?

-Tyler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.