Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one of these from a friend for my 04 6.0. On the box it says something about calibrating for bigger tires. I have read the instructions that I got with it and I have hooked it up to my truck and I can't figure out how I calibrate for the bigger tires. Can anybody tell me if this is possible. Thanks

·
matt
911 Posts
Even though it says that it will calibrate for bigger tires i dont think it will. If you want to recalibrate you need to go with a superlift true speed. I think thats about the only thing that will do it.I dont know why, i just know i have an sct and it wont even fix the speedo.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even though it says that it will calibrate for bigger tires i dont think it will. If you want to recalibrate you need to go with a superlift true speed. I think thats about the only thing that will do it.I dont know why, i just know i have an sct and it wont even fix the speedo.
thanks. i thought i was missing something. i was trying to fix speedo but i guess not with this. thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
My super chip fixed my speedo. I went and put in I was running 35" tires and it adjusted the speedo. Before I was almost 8 mph faster then what speedo was showing

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I am surprised that your 1704 even works on your truck. I had one of these back in the day, before the sct even existed. Anyways as the trucks got flashed superchips said they didn't have enough memory to work on trucks that got reflashed with any of the new flashes. I guess yours still has an old enough flash in it. But there is no way to set the speedometer with that unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts