Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who had a 2001 7.3 and told me all i needed was to get the super chip to get more power. I have really been looking at the TW's because of the more customizing tune for my truck. Which will be safer in the long run? I guess easier on my tranny n such? Just dont want my truck to fall apart after the intake, 4" exhaust and a chip. Oh and ps. i havent a clue how to do the sig. thing to show you all what my truck has in it. :pointlaugh:

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
The Superchip tuner is trash IMHO. Get a custom tuned chip and you'll never look back!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'm guessing your buddy is making just all sorts of crazy power with his superchip? 650+ at least.

TW is great but I'm gonna be going with Matt

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Don't listen to your buddy, sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. :poke:

Stick with what your thinkings , I've heard some good things about TW tunes. Personally i really like PHP. Everyone has there favorites but it's all up to you to find what you like best for your truck.

As for filling out your sig, go to your User CP in the lower left corner of the box at the top of the screen. Once there, on the left will be a Control Panel and under Settings & Options it says Edit Signature. Fill it out and hit save.

Hope this helps.:D

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about the tranny? Will the TW chip help "save" it? or be less harsh on it?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yes.

Tony can increase line pressures, change shift points etc. If you really want a good shifting tranny throw in a BTS TC and VB.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the tuning something that they do before i get the chip or something that i have to use then see then ship it back? Im so new to all this i havent a clue. And the torque converter? do i really need it to save the tranny? How much is something like that and its prob nothing you just throw in your truck do you?

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
is the tuning something that they do before i get the chip or something that i have to use then see then ship it back? Im so new to all this i havent a clue. And the torque converter? do i really need it to save the tranny? How much is something like that and its prob nothing you just throw in your truck do you?
Yes, tuning can be done and sent to you in the mail. Tuning can also be done live. Some tuners will do re-burns for free, so if you have something that needs changed or fixed, you just send it in and have the tunes re-written.

The tranny is your trucks WEAK link. A good TC and VB will make it last a while. For a TC and VB look at spending $1000-$1500.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im gonna throw this as a new post but how can you tell a tranny is going bad or is just pain junk?

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Plain Junk? You put in drive and it don't go....:hehe:

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHAHAHA!!! i figured. LOL. thanks.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have had both! I ran a superchip for a long time before i found the forums. I even ran a superchip with my stage 1's for a little while, when the TW was getting reburnt.

I can tell you first hand superchip is good on power for a stock truck, but not good for anything else. If your keeping it stock you wont notice a very big power difference between the two but shifting is night and day! Then once you get injectors or something the custom tunes are 150% better!

So my vote is custom tuned TW chip ALL DAY LONG!

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That helps. Thanks. i will prob go with the TW. Are the injectors hard to change? I guess what im trying to say is what would be the next step for upgrades after a TW chip?

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok. So if i order this chip and use it for a bit i can give you a shout and we can talk about what else needs to be done? That sounds awesome. I will get this ordered as soon as i can. Prob tomorrow. Thanks again.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh and where do i go to get one of these chips!? Can i get one from this site? i know. prob a dumb question huh?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You can get it from one of the sponsors on here. The only dumb question you can ask is the one you fail to ask. That's how you learn, asking questions. Don't stop because YOU think they are dumb. All of us started somewhere. Good luck and like everyone else has said. Custom chip, nothing else like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts