Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some researching on taking the 40/20/40 seats out of a supercab and putting them on a regular cab. I know that the factory seat pan out of the supercab is not compatible with the regular cab but what i was wondering is could i remove them from the pan and bolt them to my bench seat pan?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Brad! I wasnt sure since it is a non power bench seat.Have you ever done this or seen it done? Im fine with the extra heigth if it doesnt seem odd looking in the truck or set weird.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently bought a 97 F350 xlt that was hit in the front.The trucks interior is immaculate it is all power. My plan is to take the power doors and put them on my xl as well as the power seats.The seats are the 40/20/40 i am referring to. They are in good shape except the drivers power switch cover is busted so if anybody has one they would wanna sell let me know!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How tall are you im almost 6 ft.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Put a phone book on your existing seat and see how much higher you sit. Of course that depends on if you have a phone book since nobody uses them anymore and how thick it might be.

Keep in mind the position of your knees when your feet are comfortably on the floor too.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
At the time I was about 6' Then factor in your current seat condition vs the super cab seat condition. A better seat will have you sit much higher to begin with

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put a phone book on your existing seat and see how much higher you sit. Of course that depends on if you have a phone book since nobody uses them anymore and how thick it might be.

Keep in mind the position of your knees when your feet are comfortably on the floor too.
LOL No phone book here i just use google!LOL I am contemplating just cutting the mounting tabs off of the bucket seat pan and making a custom frame.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gotcha Brad thanks for the help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i Just took out the bench over the weekend and drilled all new holes for the super cab frames and bolted them up. I took some BIG flat washers and put them on either side of the floor for added support. I shimmed them up on the passenger side but the drivers needed none at all.They set perfect and look factory.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
I am thinking about doing the same thing just need to find a donor truck maybe in a scrapyard... also would like to get power doors and cruise maybe even but I bet that would be tricky. Maybe someday.
To make your crew cab truck have power doors, you need the WHOLE harness that runs from each door, behind the dash and under the rear carpet. Also need the infamous drivers door panel, all the motors and associated regulators.

Basically you need a donor truck. PS, I may have one soon

·
Registered
965 Posts
PS, I may have one soon
Ughh, I don't like the sound of this. Last time you turned your CCSB dually to single wheel...no whatcha doin'?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still in the process. I would just be parting this truck out. Hit a tree then rolled
Ouch - yeah I figure I will need to find a whole truck to do what I want to, then I think 'why not just buy a truck thats already power/cruise/etc?' but we'll see. Time/money are the big q's. If I found a loaded OBS truck with blown motor etc that would be the ticket. I might even go dually...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts